Log in or Sign up
Extreme Beer Fest
returns to Boston on March 21 & 22, 2014.
Tickets are on sale now
BeerAdvocate mobile beta: Testers Wanted
. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Android or Google Chrome user? Get a
14 day free trial to BeerAdvocate magazine on Google Play Newsstand
today! (AU, CA, UK, US only).
Extreme Beer Fest
Google Play Newsstand
2nd Annual Tall Sails & Ales Tour, B.C.
Thursday - March 29, 2007 @ 12:00AM
Beer Tour / Pub Crawl
Breweries And Islands In B.C.'s Gulf Islands/Vancouver Is. On The Schooner Maple Leaf
, Gulf Islands, Victoria, B.C., Nanaimo, B.C. & More, British Columbia, Canada
1-888-599-5323 or 250-FUN-SAIL
Tall Sails & Ales Cruise
Join B.C.s foremost brew historian on the classic tall ship Maple Leaf for a 5-day gourmet tour of B.C. craft breweries and islands by sail
For a twist on the typical tasting tour, join B.C.s Tall Sails & Ales Cruise next spring and discover the rich flavours and colourful history of the provinces micro-brewing industry.
Arguably as diverse as wine in their flavours, the 40 beers included on this tour introduce tasters to the range of options, from the crisp, cold Swans Arctic Ale to the chocolate creaminess of Gulf Islands Brewerys Saturna Island Extra Stout.
Add to that the guidance of B.C. brewing experts, succulent food prepared to match the brews, and the spectacular beauty of sailing the Gulf Islands and youve got a world-class tour.
On this 5-night cruise under the sails of the historic tall ship Maple Leaf, Mar. 29-April 3, 2007, participants will sample the best micro-brews of B.C., visit breweries that range in size from a luxe brewpub to a bucolic Gulf Islands brewery housed, suitably, in a barn-like building.
Theyll sample the local cuisine (some infused with beer flavour) prepared by the onboard chef.
This is the second annual tour, hosted by tour operator Maple Leaf Adventures (named a Best Travel Experience by Frommers travel guide) and Greg Evans, nationally-acclaimed brewing historian and executive director of the Maritime Museum of B.C.
▪ Special tastings with brewmasters at local breweries, not available to the general public
▪ A full range of flavours through sampling 40 B.C. micro-brews, many of them award-winning
▪ Chef-cooked meals of local cuisine matched to the brews
▪ Conversations over a beer with Greg Evans, about brew types, brew history, pairing food and beers, the unbuttoned social history of drinking on Vancouver Island, and more
▪ Experiencing the islands natural beauty, including spring wildflower meadows, shell beaches, forest walks and marine mammals, though visits to islands most people cant visit
▪ Sailing the 92-foot tall ship Maple Leaf in the Gulf Islands
▪ Personalized service and camaraderie with a small group of guests
▪ An extensive resource booklet crammed with tasting notes, historical anecdotes, collectibles and more
5 nights, depart & return Sidney, B.C., $1999 CDN includes all meals, beer, shore excursions, lectures and optional sailing training.
Note: adding yourself to the attending list does not count as RSVPing with the venue.
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Top 250 Beers
Change of Address