zombie dust in ohio....

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by warrenout330, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lipsntoes

Lipsntoes Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2012 Ohio

YIKES! I paid $1.99 a bottle in Dayon last week. That's some crazy ass pricing.

2. JM03

JM03 Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2010 Ohio

I picked up a couple sixers the other day and thought I was gouged for paying 35 for the 12 bottles. Some of these prices you guys are posting are out of control.

I'll buy it and drink it regularly if it is available (and reasonably priced), but like others have said there are plenty of other/better alternatives. I'll take Rajah any day, and with rumors of Bohdi being bottled soon look out. I LOVE that beer.

3. Lipsntoes

Lipsntoes Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2012 Ohio

I love Rajah, down to my last 4 bottles. I've not been able to find any for the last few weeks and it's certainly not for the lack of trying.

4. Dan_Bowman

Dan_Bowman Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Ohio

Rajah is great. Not easy to find though.

Lipsntoes likes this.
  5. Jparkanzky

Jparkanzky Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2011 Ohio

It's hard to find when people buy it by the case. Who sold a case of it? One of the grocery stores?

Rajah is tough for them to keep up on because of the Hops they use, which is also why they have changed the type on some batches.

6. Stevedore

Stevedore Grand Pooh-Bah (5,072) Nov 16, 2012 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Damn that is terrible price gouging. It's really an excellent pale ale but that is frustrating to see.

7. miketd

miketd Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2006 Ohio

One of the biggest problems when it comes to Rajah's availability is the deal they have with Winking Lizard and their World Tour. But I was told they aren't sending that beer next year, so maybe that will help.

FWIW, the ZD I saw around here was 1.89 a bottle or 11/six.

8. Jparkanzky

Rozi's got 5 cases of Rajah today, so it certainly hits other shops in decent supply when available, it's just that it doesn't get packaged/shipped too often, even the Middleburgh Hts. Heinens has scarce amounts of it.

In regards to the Zombie Dust you saw.... where is "around here" ?

9. miketd

All I'm saying is that less is available because of their commitment to Winking Lizard and it is definitely not a common find in the last several months.

"around here" would be Strongsville heinen's and Simone's.

10. Dan_Bowman

Dan_Bowman Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Ohio

I hope you are right. Even the Brew Kettle didn't have any bottles, just Rajah on draft.

Has anyone had the Black Rajah?

11. masterofsparks

masterofsparks Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2009 Ohio
    Deactivated

For folks in Columbus who want to check it out, I was in the Grandview Market today and they had a couple of six packs in the cooler. They're also selling singles for $4/bottle.

12. miketd

Yea, Black Rajah seems to be on at a lot of local places lately. It's good but not my thing.

Brew Kettle had some bottles of WR last weekend... it didn't last more than a couple days.

13. beercanman

beercanman Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2012 Ohio

Manny at north coast had a case. Lizardville had several bombers, as did simones. If I get another case of zombie dust i will let you know. A case is a bit much for me. I prefer stouts and porters during the cold months. I like pales during the warmer months.

14. beercanman

ZD was at north coast. Bombers are all over the place. Lizardville, Ross's, simones, I even picked up dreadnaught at heinens in rocky river. Most is sold out now, but some are still available.

15. beercanman

That's insane! I paid 45 for a case and even that's insane.

16. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,291) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society

It's a great beer, but Yep, I agree!

17. Keffa

Keffa Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2009 Ohio

I love that people are completely ignoring that Simtra right beside it. To know that beer is in Ohio, I'm really nervous, because I need money right now, but I want more Simtra.

RyanMcFly1985 likes this.
  18. Jparkanzky

I believe there are a few Knee Deep brews that have begun showing up. Either way, we had that discussion last night.

Revolution, Oskar Blues, Knee Deep, Three Floyds, etc etc. The number of breweries heading into Ohio lately has been awesome. The breweries are certainly recognizing the market potential here, and the craft scene in/around Cleveland has been absolutely amazing lately.

19. bucknasty

bucknasty Aspirant (231) Jan 25, 2011 Ohio

Savor in Columbus only had a case of zombie dust and were selling them for $2.49. Did not think that was to bad. As for the Simtra that stuff is so good. Probably top of my list right now, had the hop shortage also which was very good also. I saw on Knee Deeps web site a Citra pale ale. Would love to try but they say it is not available in OH yet. Anyone ever had it or know differently about OH availability?

20. fiver29

fiver29 Savant (1,042) Sep 18, 2007 Ohio
    Trader

When I stopped in at Heinens Strongsville yesterday Rob told me he was getting 30 cases of White Rajah before the end of the day. Pretty sure they are closed today due to the holiday. But probably have lots left there if I had to guess.

miketd and NABS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.