Yuegling Lager - Spotted near Hartford

Discussion in 'New England' started by jfarrlley, May 30, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfarrlley

jfarrlley Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2012 Connecticut

I know this doesn’t elicit excitement from the craft beer crowd, but there are certain folks clamoring for Yuengling to start selling in New England…

That being said, I got it 2nd hand that Bonefish Grill in South Windsor (Shops at Evergreen Walk) is serving Yuengling on draft. I haven’t verified myself, but if you have a strong hankering for a ‘lager’ (as they call it in PA), you might want to call, verify, and head on over if true…

http://www.bonefishgrill.com/Locator/details/south-windsor-connecticut

As for me, I’ll drink one if offered (spent 10+ years living in eastern PA), but never understood the allure of it. Perhaps 10+ years ago when the craft beer craze was still in it’s infancy and a darker lager was considered interesting. Always amazed when I head back to PA and I have a half dozen friends and co-workers asking me to pick them up a case…Feel like a bootlegger sometimes J.

2. FarmingtonRiver

FarmingtonRiver Initiate (0) Jul 7, 2004 Connecticut

Seeing it is not legally available in CT - I highly doubt it.

3. jfarrlley

Again...make no promises...friend said he was there personally and saw the tap...My only thought is that Bonefish is a national chain...perhaps there was a screwup (or intentional screwup) on the shipping lines and some Yuengling happened to find its way to South Windsor location...

4. smutty33

smutty33 Pooh-Bah (2,088) Jun 12, 2009 Connecticut
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I have seen this beer at a store here in S.CT.
    People that know about it simply have to ask for it,and its brought outta the back.

Cheers

5. DougC123

DougC123 Savant (1,162) Aug 21, 2012 Connecticut

I see it in CT too, in my kegerator, but that is because I go to Brewster NY to get it.

Vitamin Y is only distributed in 15 states. AL, GA, DC, FL, GA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, VA, WV.

6. deanhead

deanhead Savant (1,176) Sep 2, 2005 Vermont

Please let us know when Lord Chesterfield makes it's way into New England.

Flashy likes this.
  7. PenningtonNY10

PenningtonNY10 Zealot (663) Nov 20, 2009 Connecticut

I remember seeing it on a menu at a Ruby Tuesday's in CT a few years ago. They didn't actually have it though.

8. mschofield

mschofield Pooh-Bah (1,847) Oct 16, 2002 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

that's probably what's happening here, multi state restaurant chain puts it on the menu, expands into a new state - doesn't update the menu

9. DougC123

DougC123 Savant (1,162) Aug 21, 2012 Connecticut

I saw that in the Shelton Ruby's a year or two ago, and they said it was because the menus were not specific to that location.

10. jfarrlley

Ahhhh....that makes sense! Checked the Untappd logs for the restaurant and no one logged a Yuengling either....sorry about that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.