Your most expensive beer haul

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by DogfishJoe, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnowFlowMfg

SnowFlowMfg Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2011 California

Probably about $80. This is all single brews, no same two. Usually spend about $50 on my usual hauls. Once again, I don't buy cases or doubles. I try to only buy singles so I can always have a variety handy.

Of course, i'm only a few hundred yards to a Total Wine in So Cal so I can easily walk down and grab anything I may have missed.

2. Stinger80OH

Stinger80OH Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2011 Ohio

$200 at store

3. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Pooh-Bah (1,955) Nov 26, 2008 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yep, about that much.... :slight_smile:

4. alysmith4

alysmith4 Initiate (0) Feb 11, 2005 District of Columbia

About $100. I always feel like a lush though when I have to use a cart at the beer store.

brewbetter and rmcnealy like this.
  5. crosamich

crosamich Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2007 Florida

living in Europe last year and catching a flight back from Belgium; a combination of me not reading between the lines on the fine print and the airline raping me meant I had to pay something stupid like €150-200 for an extra filled bag. The girl at the counter hooked me up slightly by shaving 5 kg off what I had to pay though so that was something. I was not about to let go of all those beauties so it was waaay too much as the cost of the beer was more than the charge to get it back home.

6. xnicknj

xnicknj Initiate (0) May 25, 2009 Pennsylvania

i would guess around 2-250 during a CL or Southampton release.

7. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2012 Illinois

$250 at Russian River, yet I don't recall spending over $150.... Damn tasting tray!

8. lucasj82

lucasj82 Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2009 Indiana

I been in the 120s a few times.

9. kpacedo

kpacedo Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2009 California

Traded A LOT of cigars for several 4 packs of BCBS and FBS

10. bozo_pat

bozo_pat Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2012

I was passing by columbia, missouri and stayed overnight in columbia.
    I though to have a nice beer after driving whole day and went to buy 6 pak of beer at Arena Liquor.
    I was looking to different beer, but there was no one to help me. People working behind the counter had no clue about beer, i ask some questions about beer and the clerk is like ahhhhhh, i don't know, you can find yourself.
    I was surprise by the response i got, person working in the store don't know and has no courtesy to help there customer. whooo so i was very much dissappoint and left without buying any beer.
    I am in sales, as a business one should understand what is customer services. i will never go back to that store again.

11. Demer

Demer Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2010 New Jersey

probably close to $200 not counting the reserve society. If you count RS then way more but its to painful to go log in and look right now.

12. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Pundit (955) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

do kegs count? I've bought Green Flash WCIPA a couple of times @ $220. I think the Racer 5 I bought was right up there too.

Real world hauls though....probably $125 @ the ALchemist then over to Hill Farmstead and dropped another $100 or so. That's probably my biggest single day

Squidly likes this.
  13. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

Last year at Four Elf I dropped $363.00...this year, I'm expecting at least $500. So that will be my biggest haul. Half of that is going to friendly Florida BA's tho, so it's not all MINE, technically.

14. Mattmc1973

Mattmc1973 Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2008 Michigan

Mine is coming up in a couple of weeks at Kuhnhenn Winter Solstice. Bourbon Barrel Fourth Dementia, Bourbon Barrel Solar Eclipse, and the return of Raspberry Eisbock. It'll be an expensive day!

15. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Pundit (892) Aug 10, 2012 Florida
    Trader

$130 was biggest coin drop so far....i will exceed this on Hunaphu release day in a few months.

16. raczkowski

raczkowski Initiate (0) May 16, 2011 Florida
    Trader

my haul depends on the season...i am very into the winter season and spring IIPAs that get released. i went to hop city in atlanta over thanksgiving and dropped 200...then came back to florida and the next day Cigar City released their BA Big sound, so i went down there and dropped 160. yesterday, i went to knightly spirits and picked up a case of sixers for 67. so it all depends with me. I am good now on beer through the holidays, but in February and March, i could drop the most ever at Huna Day down in Tampa. Hopslam comes out and going to buy 2 cases of that. Luckily, my birthday is beginning of February, so I should get some $$$ toward my extra beer budget.

17. dubinsky

dubinsky Pundit (893) Sep 16, 2009 California

A case and a half of beatification was about $360.

18. Brabander

Brabander Initiate (0) Oct 10, 2009 Netherlands

750 euro worth of bricks at the abbey of Westvleteren....For one single bottle i will never pay more than 25 euro!

PaulQuinn likes this.
  19. mychalg9

mychalg9 Pooh-Bah (2,061) Apr 8, 2010 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

Yesterday....$103. Probably wont buy beer again for at least a couple of weeks. At least thats what I told my fiance.

Bluecane likes this.
  20. DonDirkA

DonDirkA Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2011 Arizona

My biggest is now $265 thanks to a trip to The Bruery Provisions...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.