What's wetting the whistle P.2

Discussion in 'Australia' started by danieelol, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hopswiller

hopswiller Initiate (0) Jul 17, 2011 Australia

The boys at Cellarbrations Carlisle, they have a swag of WA beers available for WA beer week.

2. foles

foles Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2007 Australia

+1, close to beer of the day for me at the Cellarbrations Carlisle LC brew day. Bootleg barleywine was very good also from memory.

3. Parrotshake

Parrotshake Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2008 Australia

It is WA beer week and Tippler's Tap in Brisbane have 9 Feral beers on. I have been in a few times already for a sneaky Watermelon Warhead on my lunch breaks and I can certainly see why everyone likes it. I could never get tired of that beer. Also sampled some White Hog, Karma Citra, Raging Flem and Razorback earlier. Good impressions all around.

Also just had some Moor Illusion Black IPA and Hoppiness IPA. Both worthwhile. Fixin to crack a Holgate Empress at some point.

4. MordeciaFunk

MordeciaFunk Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2012 Australia

Moon Dog Great American Challenge. I'm trying to convince Mistress Mordecia to try it's namesake but no dice so far. Probably for the best. The beer is lovely though. I will have to console myself with that I guess.

5. danieelol

danieelol Initiate (0) Jun 15, 2010 Australia

MoonDog need to brew and bottle a TIPA already. DIPAs are for wusses. 13% or nothing.

6. eric5bellies

eric5bellies Pooh-Bah (2,144) Jun 9, 2006 Australia
    Pooh-Bah Trader

2 x free Billy B's Dark from the IBS. Happy Days !

7. hopswiller

hopswiller Initiate (0) Jul 17, 2011 Australia

Is this on tap at the Sail?

Great Friday wind down consisting off: Saison DuPont, Sierra Beer Camps 45 & 65, HR Fredericksen and a 2011 Goose Island to finish the night.

8. danieelol

You don't even wanna know what I drank tonight. Riverside 55, 77, all the Beer Camps...Kooinda Milk Porter...Dugges Holy Cow. I may have had multiples of some of these bottles. Riverside is a great brewery, their stuff easily held up to the international hop assault, I'll say that.

9. Lukie

Lukie Initiate (0) Jun 16, 2007 Australia

HAH! You are far too kind.

Had a bunch of stuff at the Sail tonight for Night of the Barrels. I shouldn't be typing. But, everything was good ,except Bootleg Grandfather. Horrendous beer. I literally couldn't finish it.

10. danieelol

Fantastic Sour Ale when we had it. I hope you weren't expecting a barleywine.

11. foles

foles Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2007 Australia

Must not have been the same beer they had at the Carlisle brewday. I thought i was nearly as good as Feral Razorback. The Barleywine from the Old Swan Brewery on the other hand was pretty ordinary.

12. deathevocation

deathevocation Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2008 Australia

Abbotsford Invalid.

13. Lukie

This was Barrel Aged Grandfather.

14. MordeciaFunk

MordeciaFunk Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2012 Australia

Yes, it's on tap now. Not too much left though. It should last until tomorrow if you can convince Mrs Hopswiller to journey to Fremantle.

15. Lukie

2008 Drie Fonteinen Oude Gueuze.

I just noticed I have more Drie Fonteinen in my cellar then Cantillon at the moment. That will change next week.

16. nicks6217

nicks6217 Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2010 California

By Sending them to me. :grinning:

17. Lukie

:slight_frown: But then means less for me :slight_frown:

18. nicks6217

nicks6217 Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2010 California

but at least you cantillon to 3F ration will be back on par.

19. Lukie

Funky E Star.

The world needs more brett bombs.

20. spicelab

spicelab Savant (1,223) Nov 6, 2009 Australia

Does this mean that rumours the container got smashed/the bottles were accidentally filled with Mountain Dew/the ship got redirected to the US aren't true?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.