What's the best beer event you've attended?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Casedogg43, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nogophers

nogophers Initiate (0) Jun 28, 2011 Minnesota

ABR is great. Tickets are limited and there is an impressive list of brewers. The new summer festival in Duluth (All Pints North) was fantastic from a setting standpoint (on grass overlooking the harbor to Lake Superior) and had a good band line up. Plenty of space. Brewer participation was small with under 40, but I suspect that will grow in years to come.

Casedogg43 likes this.
  2. mlaroche

mlaroche Devotee (371) Sep 25, 2005 California

The first Bruery Reserve Society Initiation. (Have been to other years' initiations... not as intimate)
    2010 Extreme Beer Festival - Night of the Barrels. (Haven't been to other EBFs)

Casedogg43 likes this.
  3. ckeegan04

ckeegan04 Pooh-Bah (1,785) Feb 21, 2008 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society

Blake Layne's (steamhead) day after Christmas beer tastings in Bowling Green, KY. Went a couple of times and the quality of beer was insane. Multiple bottles of things like DDG, IP, old Beatification, Dark Lord, Darkness, BCBS, KtG, Cantillon out the ass....it was always a good time. The quality of the BA's in BG, Nashville and the surrounding areas was (and I am guessing still is) off the charts. Miss getting to have tastings with that group.

Photekut and Casedogg43 like this.
  4. hopfenunmaltz

hopfenunmaltz Pooh-Bah (2,611) Jun 8, 2005 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society

National Homebrewers Conference.

cavedave, Casedogg43 and homebrewer88 like this.
  5. scruggin

scruggin Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2008 Minnesota

I haven't attended too many beer events, but Great Taste of the Midwest completely blew me away.

6. Ohsaycanyoubeer

Ohsaycanyoubeer Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2012 Colorado
    Deactivated

Hunahpu's Day 2011
    Pints for Prostates Denver Rare Beer Tasting
    GABF

FLBeerGuy and Casedogg43 like this.
  7. t8000shx

t8000shx Zealot (588) Mar 2, 2004 New York
    Trader

Sour & Bitter wins it for me, admittedly in no small part because it occurred during my first trip to Copenhagen. Turns out that's an incredible city, and made everything we did there seem even better.

After that, Hill Farmstead Harvest, followed closely by Hill Farmstead Anniversary.... followed closely by the now-defunct Hill Farmstead Winter Festival.

Not at all meant to be "cute". Between Hill Farmstead's excellent beers and an always amazing list of guest taps (nevermind the stunning surroundings and the joys of camping), it's very difficult to top their events.

Casedogg43 likes this.
  8. MarkJBurch

MarkJBurch Initiate (0) Jun 24, 2012 Pennsylvania

3HB's annual Homegrown Festival. Local bands, breweries and vendors come together once a year for a huge party that showcases everything great up in Rochester, NY.

9. KevSal

KevSal Pooh-Bah (2,916) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

fiftyfifty eclipse release hands down.

along with unlimited a ounts of eclipse theres a pretty killer bottle share as well

Casedogg43 likes this.
  10. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2012 Illinois

^^^ This ^^^ Great event. Darkness Day was amazing this year too and I always love me a Jackie O's bottle release.

Casedogg43 likes this.
  11. JBogan

JBogan Pooh-Bah (1,837) Jul 15, 2007 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Borefts

Casedogg43 likes this.
  12. digita7693

digita7693 Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2010 Germany

Shame on me for forgetting Brews for New Avenues! The 2013 version is going to be even better!

Casedogg43 likes this.
  13. mondegreen

mondegreen Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2009 Georgia

+1

Moderate crowds and all the BA Zhukov you cared to drink. I'm afraid those days are over.

moose3285 and Casedogg43 like this.
  14. travMI13

travMI13 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2012 Michigan

Easy: Founders Black Party 2010.

The taplist? 2010 KBS, 2009 KBS, KBS on nitro, CBS, BB Imperial Stout, plus a bunch of others that I can't even remember. Easily the best brewery taplist I have ever seen.

Runner up would be the 2012 KBS release. Best bottle share of my life, and I met a ton of awesome people.

strangebrew321 and Casedogg43 like this.
  15. mightyatom

mightyatom Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2009 Rhode Island

I have to give it to the festival in worcester last summer. Not only were there too many one-off's, rare's to try, but meeting the brewers themselves was the icing. Had 15 minute conversation with urbain about earth monk while he poured me near a full bottle of '06...

polishkaz, jbertsch and Casedogg43 like this.
  16. Vonstein15

Vonstein15 Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2010 Ohio

Beerfest at Jungle Jim's in Fairfield,Oh gets my vote every time.Not once in 4 yrs has there been a incident at this event.Solid 400 beers and appox 75 vendors.Cheers

Casedogg43 likes this.
  17. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2012 Indiana

I think I may roll to the Great Taste of the midwest then!

gpawned likes this.
  18. DogfishTail

DogfishTail Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2011 Rhode Island

Same here. First time volunteering at a festival and I had a great time. Not often is that much talent in the same building.

19. toofdoc

toofdoc Initiate (0) Jun 28, 2011 New Mexico

Funky Buddha south Florida beer week 2013, best tap list ever...

20. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2009 Washington

Brouwers Sour fest takes it for me. Deviation, fou foune, Bottleworks XII, vintage Lou pepe kriek and about 30 other beers on tap is amazing.

sox203 and checktherhyme like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.