Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine and select auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

What beer are you drinking now? #78

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Hotmetal1, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiquidDegenerate

LiquidDegenerate Advocate (620) Florida Nov 22, 2011 Verified

Yup. 2 actually, then broke one.:oops:
  2. mattafett

mattafett Savant (475) Iowa Mar 9, 2009

Great River - Big Cock IPA
  3. Skrip

Skrip Savant (445) South Carolina Oct 7, 2012 Verified

Founders Imperial Stout
    skinsfan and InebriatedJoker like this.
  4. Zanico

Zanico Savant (470) Ohio Nov 24, 2009

Drinking my first Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome Ale. After looking at the reviews I was expecting just an average ale. To my surprise, this stuff is excellent. WOW, I wish I would have bought a few more.
    Falcone likes this.
  5. GraniteSkunk

GraniteSkunk Savant (375) Illinois Apr 17, 2007

This is crazy good. Tons of caramel, some coffee, some vanilla, and some hazelnut in there
    beerloserLI and InebriatedJoker like this.
  6. wittyname

wittyname Savant (330) North Carolina Aug 4, 2012 Verified

Celebrating the win and closing out the night. Gotta love what NEBCO is doing.

7. Can't say I recognize the place you're referring to, but...I did notice some bottles of Baladin at the Whole Foods in Plymouth Meeting right before Xmas. I'm heading there tomorrow to grab a few things, so I will try to remember to look. If they have any, chances are it will be priced about as attractively as it can be in SEPA. To put that into perspective, I paid about $11 for a 4-pack of Backwoods Bastard & $15 for Parabola in the past.
  8. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poobah (1,135) New York Aug 25, 2010 Verified

One of my faves:
    A class operation...
    Nice in the glass...
    The total package:
    Allagash's Curieux
    Coldsnack, sleuthdog, kirkse and 12 others like this.
  9. Hugonaut13

Hugonaut13 Champion (780) Illinois Nov 29, 2012 Verified

Russell Wilson is a heck of a QB. Opened a Captain Lawrence Rosso E Marrone batch 1 :)
    Big thanks to Standardcherry to killing another of my wants!

10. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Advocate (525) Indiana Jan 4, 2012 Verified

Shared a couple

11. WesM63

WesM63 Advocate (695) Ohio Nov 6, 2011

Apparently I drank a 6pack of White Rajah the other night and promised some to some friends. :)

12. Absolut

Absolut Advocate (580) California Sep 19, 2011 Verified

SN Northern Hemisphere.
  13. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Champion (945) Pennsylvania Apr 4, 2009 Verified

Moved on to some Dog Fish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA. I like the malts more than the hops in this one.
  14. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (845) Ohio Sep 16, 2010 Verified

Going with some Anti- Hero - Not to shabby wish this can was dated.

rpbuckeye, match1112, bstyle and 4 others like this.
  15. Prices can be higher in Philly naturally and my local store here in Westmont can have some great finds. I did buy the two last BCBS they had for 8.99 I believe. I am actually trying to convince the owner to carry some Italian brews, and he did order me a case of the Birrificio del Ducato Verdi Imperial Stout last year or two years ago!

I have had the Dirty Bastard but was looking for the Backwoods Bastard. Actually honestly I struggled with it because it is one style I am not used to so I can not criticize it much.
  16. Hotmetal1

Hotmetal1 Advocate (650) Mississippi Feb 28, 2012 Verified

Another one bites the dust.
  17. In my book this gets a meh. I can see how it would taste better if you were drunk after consuming 02.02.02-11.11.11
    image by dachshunddude86, on Flickr

And this is the way the vertical ends, and this is the way the vertical ends, and this is the way the verical ends, not with a bang, but a whimper
    sleuthdog, wyatt13, match1112 and 9 others like this.
  18. mtalley999

mtalley999 Savant (415) Maryland Oct 6, 2011

Good evening BA. Traveling for work right now, and on recommendation from fujindemon74 I picked up these with dinner from a local Whole Foods.

Thanks again man! First time having anything by Russian River, and I am now officially a fan of Damnation. This makes sitting in my hotel room and working a little more bearable!
  19. DocJitsu

DocJitsu Savant (440) California Dec 28, 2009

I love it too. I had it again yesterday at a beer tasting for the first time in nearly a year and noted fresh chili pepper. Last time I had it it was loaded with coffee. Now that I've heard from you, I wonder if the girl pouring the tastes poured me the wrong beer. Incidentally, she noted a lot of chili pepper too.
  20. bierzilla

bierzilla Zealot (95) Ohio Dec 16, 2009

This beat my expectation. Try one if you like milk stouts.

21. I stupidly passed up my opportunity to get some of the Russian river "-tions" when some family was in PA. Looks good though. And hop stoopid is pretty delicious. Also, what cat based programming are you watching in your hotel?
  22. Ah damn my mistake... because I found it as Shangy's but I was WAYYYYY off as it is in Emmaus PA and not North of Philadelphia as I thought.
  23. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Can't think of a more proper brew after watching a HUGE road playoff win

callmeishmALE and WebGuyMike like this.
  24. LeRose

LeRose Advocate (650) Massachusetts Nov 24, 2011 Verified

Jacks Abby Ginger and Juice tonight. Still pondering on it...
  25. mtalley999

mtalley999 Savant (415) Maryland Oct 6, 2011

LOL...I believe that was the dreaded animal cruelty commercial, which I turned off as quickly as possible as soon as I set down my phone. I hesitate to admit that I am watching Honey Boo Boo as I work. I don't care what anyone says, this show is hilarious.
    callmeishmALE and fujindemon74 like this.
  26. Sam_Frank

Sam_Frank Initiate (0) California Nov 29, 2012

A Chicago friend of mine just brought some of that out for me (along with Double Fist). likey
  27. More than happy to help a fellow BA out.
    In light of being out of town, away from friends & family, you're doing it right :cool:
  28. NorCalYeti

NorCalYeti Savant (375) California Dec 18, 2008

29. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

Nice! SOOOOO wish I could get a taste of this...ut I just don't see it happening.
    fickenmeimirish likes this.
  30. Just came back from dinner Firestone XVI and Green Flash Green bullet draft, both exceptional
  31. Cenosillicaphobe

Cenosillicaphobe Savant (360) Maine Jul 24, 2011

32. Please meet my cat, Sofia! hehe

33. After watching a lot of football today, I'm not winding down with some great blues with Tedeschi Trucks Bank @ Red Rocks show on AXS tonight while enjoying a few pints from HF Susan growler (recycled picture):

match1112, ripps1, bird22 and 2 others like this.
  34. rembrant

rembrant Aficionado (205) Ohio Aug 17, 2010

Right now, a Brewkettle White Rajah...my #1 IPA. Earlier...had an Edmund Fitzgeraald Poprter...and another Rajah (or two maybe)
  35. fredmugs

fredmugs Poobah (1,195) Indiana Aug 11, 2012 Verified

Colts sucked and most of the beers I had were disappointing as well. The Hangar 24 Double IPA was tremendous however.

bstyle likes this.
  36. BlueRogue

BlueRogue Advocate (635) Maine May 1, 2011

37. Dude, my wife watches stuff like that to decompress from working in the EMR industry all day.
    Needless to say, I watch also. At least until she goes to bed & I can have, as she likes to say, my "hippie time".

For those unfamiliar, "hippie time" consists of listening to any music recorded before 1980 while enjoying herbal tea :rolleyes:
    mtalley999 and callmeishmALE like this.
  38. noyellowfizzbeer

noyellowfizzbeer Savant (295) Massachusetts Mar 16, 2009 Verified

Uinta Brewing Labyrinth Black Ale (13%) aged for one year. Enjoying this with homemade spicy pepper pizza.
    fujindemon74 likes this.
  39. Now onto Jai Alai. My lady and I are both obsessed with this beer. Fridge priorities are now in order.

Coldsnack, wyatt13, rpbuckeye and 7 others like this.
  40. bstyle

bstyle Champion (850) Indiana Apr 27, 2006 Verified

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.