[VT] Lost Nation Lamoille Bretta release on Friday

Discussion in 'New England' started by jamesewelch, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesewelch

jamesewelch Initiate (0) May 11, 2012 Vermont

Lost Nation is releasing their Lamoille Bretta this Friday (9/12) at the brewery in Morrisville. They have 600 bottles of 750ml for sale at $15 each, limit 2 per person. The Lamoille Bretta is their year-round Saison Lamoille refermented with Brettanomyces. They've also just tapped their Oktoberfest.

2. westcoastbeerlvr

westcoastbeerlvr Grand Pooh-Bah (3,751) Oct 19, 2010 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

How long do people think this will stick around? I will be in Vermont next Tuesday - Thursday and might head up to Lost Nation if there's a good chance this is still available.

3. jamesewelch

It might last until Tuesday. Really unsure. I think their last bottle offering lasted a few days.

Even if bottles aren't available, LN is worth a stop to get a flight of samples, pints, food, and growler fills. All of their year-round offerings are great, especially the Gose.

4. jweave16

jweave16 Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2013 New York

Any idea what time the bottles go on sale?

5. jamesewelch

They are opening early that day at 11:30am. I expect bottles to be available then. They normally open around noon.

6. sandman3479

sandman3479 Initiate (0) Dec 8, 2006 Connecticut

Hoping some bottles are still around on Saturday.

7. jamesewelch

I think you should be good by Saturday. I think the last bottle release didn't sell out in the first day since they held that event on a Friday (helps locals get some great bottles, but there's not 600 locals who'll visit in first day). I'd say probably into early/mid next week might be okay.

sandman3479 likes this.
  8. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg Savant (1,157) Nov 2, 2007 Vermont

Real quiet at opening today. No worries re: bottles for the weekend.

9. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2009 Vermont
    Deactivated

I just had some of this with friends, these guys are really getting this bottle thing rolling! Great beer .

10. jamesewelch

Lost Nation posted on facebook that they had about 300 bottles remaining as of closing last night. So they sold about half on Friday, 300 bottles remaining as of Sat opening.

11. sandman3479

sandman3479 Initiate (0) Dec 8, 2006 Connecticut

Got my bottles around 2PM on Saturday. No issues, and had some beer and a snack while there.

12. MistyS

MistyS Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2013 Massachusetts

Was at Lost nation Saturday later day and got a few bottles. Seemed like they still had a lot.

13. CTJman

CTJman Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

I got some friday. They only had a few cases out but who knows what was in the back

14. woodfinish

woodfinish Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2005 Massachusetts

You really don't need another reason to visit Lost Nation (mmm...pork shoulder sandwich...) but this beer is worth getting your hands on. Opened my first one a few days ago and the brett adds some nice layers to an already very drinkable saison.

15. Msudukie

Msudukie Pundit (920) Oct 26, 2013 New York
    Trader

Went on Friday and they still had some left. I was VERY impressed with this place. Great beer, food, and prices. Did not hurt that they had a cask of Gose dry-hopped with Citra over grapefruit and starfruit, amazing.

sandman3479, jbertsch and jamesewelch like this.
  16. jbertsch

jbertsch Pooh-Bah (2,710) Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

MOUTH. WATERING..

Msudukie likes this.
  17. Givemebeer

Givemebeer Savant (1,195) Apr 6, 2013 Vermont

This beer is so good.

18. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg Savant (1,157) Nov 2, 2007 Vermont

Jamie was pouring bottles of it at SIPtemberfest - super tasty!

19. followerofmen

followerofmen Crusader (417) Sep 9, 2012 Massachusetts

Yeah, this beer is really delicious. Had my first bottle the other day as a birthday treat, and if I lived closer to the brewery I'd grab a couple more. Look forward to seeing how the brett works its magic on this one.

20. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2009 Connecticut

Anyone wants to set up a trade for some gandhi bot, let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.