Update: New Hire, Redesign, Mobile, BA mag

Blog Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by Todd, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (13,254) Aug 23, 1996 Finland
    Staff Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

It's been a while since our last round of updates, and Jason and I know that many of you are eager for more, so I thought I'd take a quick moment and let everyone know what's been going on behind the scenes.

New Hire
    We're stoked to announce that we've finally hired a full-time web developer. He'll be starting July 16, at which time we'll post more. Needless to say, this is a long-overdue investment on our part.

Site Integration Redesign
    We've been talking about integrating the old site with the new forum since it was installed back in March, however our new goal is to completely rebuild BeerAdvocate.com. The process will begin very soon, and your input will help drive it.

BeerAdvocate Mobile
    Don't worry. It's still on our radar. It's going to happen. Search, rate, checkin and much more on-the-go. We plan on launching our Kickstarter project in the very near future, and we're still looking for your ideas too.

BeerAdvocate magazine
    As discussed in issue #66, we're working on improving the subscription/renewal processes and overall customer service. We also plan on exploring ways to offer BA mag digitally and internationally this summer.

We'll continue to post updates when we can, and thanks again for your patience and continued support. I know we say this all the time, but we truly do appreciate it.

In the meantime ... get ready for great things!

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.