Tree House Brewing Co. (September 2015)

Discussion in 'New England' started by BeerMaverick, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onizilla

Onizilla Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2009 New York

That changes things. Come first snow fall I will be the happiest man alive if I can follow up my Everett with some cans of Double Shot. Oh man oh man.

Nav71292 likes this.
  2. Jmr85

Jmr85 Pundit (780) Nov 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Hell give me a few cans of good morning in the winter while I'm splitting wood/ice fishing!

3. jomobono

jomobono Savant (1,114) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

Brimfield Flea Market is this week, use the Palmer exit.

4. MenardMa

MenardMa Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2011 Connecticut

maybe I just can't relate, but why does the idea of having it cans make you think it'll be a better experience for you?

mewithstewpid likes this.
  5. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

I could care less but some people just don't like growlers

6. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

This batch of Eureka w/Mosaic is incredible

concealed and MenardMa like this.
  7. Onizilla

Onizilla Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2009 New York

I wouldn't say it's a better experience, It's just an easier experience. Sometimes 16 ounces of Double Shot would be just so perfect where as the 22 would get too much.

Maybe I'm a polar bear and like to bring my beer in cans to the frozen lakes?
    It's definitely more the first part. Not that I wouldn't suck it up and drink the 22.

smutty33 likes this.
  8. dolomite128

dolomite128 Crusader (468) Sep 17, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

I think one of the biggest appeals of getting cans at Treehouse is the limited wait time.

You're in...you're out...you're back home drinking great beer. Not to mention they take up less room (height-wise) in my cramped fridge.

I'll take TH any way I can, I just really appreciate the can experience all around.

Ken_P, bobbypaulson and ppoitras like this.
  9. Jmr85

Jmr85 Pundit (780) Nov 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

So your telling me if your going out on a hike that you would rather carry a growler or 750 around instead of a few cans?!?!

SenatorSpaceman likes this.
  10. dwmetsfan13

dwmetsfan13 Zealot (730) Jul 22, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

How bad will traffic be Friday afternoon (~3:30-4) with the antique show?

11. skleice

skleice Maven (1,271) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

Looks like that's all of the cans for this week. There's no "more to come" listed.

Regarding cans vs growlers - I love both, but give the nod to cans. They are quicker to purchase, a better value, obviously last longer, and are more portable. I also like to finish the night with a stout, so pouring a 16oz can is better than cracking a 750ml for me.

I have no problem buying both though. I've been getting cans of the hoppy stuff and growlers of the darker options lately...love it! Keep it up TH!

12. Sweatshirt

Sweatshirt Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2014 New Hampshire
    Deactivated

Just celebrated my anniversary with my wife. Bummed to miss out on in perpetuity. I got plenty of C21, Julius, and lights on so I can't be too bummed but my romantic side has me feeling like I missed out. Haha. I'm a sap.

HeyHayward and seanwhite like this.
  13. dwmetsfan13

dwmetsfan13 Zealot (730) Jul 22, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

I see what you did there :wink:

Sweatshirt likes this.
  14. SenorQuesadilla

SenorQuesadilla Crusader (438) Jul 18, 2014 Connecticut
    Trader

Re: In Perpetuity:
    I know it's Tree House, and I should never doubt them, but I thought the label was so amazing that the beer might have a hard time living up to it.

I was wrong. Very, very wrong.

HeyHayward, dubdrop, jomobono and 3 others like this.
  15. Evmo31

Evmo31 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

I agree with both statements. Before i read your post i was going to say treehouse's label art is on point lately! My expectations of the beer were high from what i remember of beneficiaries of chance, and they were met! i believe BOC was brewed almost exactly a year ago.

16. jomobono

jomobono Savant (1,114) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

From the on-tap page:
    Notes on the can design: Artist and friend Dean McKeever has created a memorable piece of artwork displaying Sand Beach in Acadia National Park at night - a magical place that anyone in New England should visit... especially at night.

17. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Pundit (955) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

Yep, BOC was pouring on 9/17 last year. I think it was the "wedding" beer. Happy Anniversary to the Lauren & Nate! Wishing you more "In Perpetuity"

[​IMG]

jomobono likes this.
  18. DigitalNate

DigitalNate Crusader (441) Dec 20, 2010 Massachusetts

Fixed. . .

Mikecap, kylem2586, chewy527 and 5 others like this.
  19. BarRoomHero88

BarRoomHero88 Crusader (424) Jan 19, 2012 New York

Now I have to decide if I come tomorrow, or wait and see what's "more to come".....

Nav71292 and eb1610 like this.
  20. Rosinante

Rosinante Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2014 Massachusetts

#180 Rosinante, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.