Transient Reserve Society

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by EOTLBrewer, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EOTLBrewer

EOTLBrewer Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2011 Illinois

Does anyone have any information on when they plan on starting to release bottles to members or what possible beers might be released?

2. mychalg9

mychalg9 Pooh-Bah (2,061) Apr 8, 2010 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

3. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Pooh-Bah (1,765) Jan 14, 2013 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah

Emails went out this weekend along with invoices. Just general information really with options to buy more shirts, a work shirt, and/or more glassware. The deadline to pay is not until mid July, so I don't imagine bottle releases will be until sometime after that. It makes sense with the 6 month time frame. Basically runs through the end of 2014.

4. nickMB

nickMB Savant (1,118) Nov 17, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

there's some nice stuff that's been sittin in oak barrels for over a year now, you won't be dissapointed. Outside of the sour saison I can't quite remember the others, but I've tasted a few and it will be worth it.

mychalg9 likes this.
  5. Infinite1

Infinite1 Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2010 Illinois

Haven't had any but can't wait to try them

6. MarkFy

MarkFy Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2009 Illinois

If the bottled beer is even somewhat close to the incredible beers I've had by them, the membership is going to be my best beer purchase this year.

Infinite1 and mychalg9 like this.
  7. homebrew311

homebrew311 Pooh-Bah (2,070) May 19, 2008 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Just paid off my invoice today. Taking a bit of a risk as I haven't tried any Transient brews, but if there is one thing Chicago needs, its a good sour program and this looks to have the makings of one. The video review of the Oud Bruin got me excited!

Infinite1 likes this.
  8. Infinite1

Not only have I not had any Transient, but don't think I have really had Sours

9. psykosis

psykosis Initiate (0) May 21, 2009 Indiana

[​IMG]

If you make a road trip to Indy, I'll fix that for you. No man should go without sours.

mychalg9 likes this.
  10. Infinite1

I have bought them but when people come over they drink them. I had one at a beer fest once but that's was after a bunch of IPAs and stuff.

What's a good one to start off with ??

11. ChicagoNick

ChicagoNick Savant (1,012) Nov 16, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

Start with the Supplication you have listed under your "gots."

12. Infinite1

I do have that bottle in the basement. I did drink some Brux once

13. HugePrnceFan1999

HugePrnceFan1999 Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2011 Indiana

They've all been pretty bad.

14. thisisforever

thisisforever Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2010 Illinois

Will any of their sours be hitting regular distribution? I've never seen any of their beer before, but I am in the suburbs. I'm hoping I can seek some out next time I'm in the city. Not sure if I'd want to pay all that blindly.

15. Jimbobebop

Jimbobebop Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2013 Illinois

No Distro, People in the program may be able to buy addition Bottles and Wares. Its not a bad deal for what you get. If I drove I would have done it. Had 4 of his beers so far, liked them all. Maigre was my favorite.

16. kodymupa

kodymupa Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2010 Illinois

Anyone heard anything about this going yet? Thought it was going to be a 6 month membership or something. Just waiting in anticipation

17. Infinite1

As of July 14th, stay tune for updates

18. crossovert

crossovert Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2009 Illinois

There have been at least like 20 sours released form transient, doubtful you have had them all. A few I tried in the beginning sucked but they keep getting better and better. And yeah that bourbon oud bruin was awesome. The barrel aged flemish red is also good.

19. HugePrnceFan1999

HugePrnceFan1999 Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2011 Indiana

I apologize. You're certainly better at beer than I am. Do these beers fit into your rigid standards of ideal beer pricing?

20. crossovert

crossovert Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2009 Illinois

Huh? My point is saying they all are pretty bad without trying them is passing false information. And no I'm sure the cost of these bottles is far beyond what I would call ideal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.