The OFFICIAL Kuhnhenn Winter Solstice thread

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by LiquidTable, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiquidTable

LiquidTable Initiate (0) May 3, 2011 Michigan

Starting this now cuz plans are more than well underway. Speculate away, beer lovers, I will post a list of bottle releases within the week.
    One new one I can mention now is Forbidden. Think DRIPA, brewed with black rice. Purple in color with as many antioxidants as blueberries, and deeeeeelicious.

2. joromiller

joromiller Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2013 Michigan
    Trader

Alrighty then!!! Let's do this.

Good thing I'll have a week to recover from 4Elf Day for this.

3. chrisbokmuller

chrisbokmuller Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2011 Michigan

All I really need is BB4D and BBBW... lots of it.

4. joromiller

joromiller Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2013 Michigan
    Trader

This.

5. schepelz

schepelz Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2013 Michigan

VERY excited for this event. My favorite part...after the solstice...my work is less than a mile from the brewery. Needless to say I go everyday after work for an entire week following any event.

FINEBEERGUY, craigo19 and Tony412 like this.
  6. Tony412

Tony412 Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2012 Michigan

I am three miles away and fully support this statement.

mlefevre, Wade5614, mcomben and 3 others like this.
  7. Blowofftube

Blowofftube Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2012 Michigan

I'll be ready. Hoping for some more BA solar eclipse, and of course bbbw and bb4d, and whatever else is available.

8. Marti403

Marti403 Initiate (0) Jul 23, 2011 Michigan

Yah, drinking on the BBBW and BB4D for weeks after the event is what I always look forward to. Can't wait. Working a ton of overtime to cover this and 4-Elf.

iceatalamo and raymo55 like this.
  9. yeahnatenelson

yeahnatenelson Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2010 Illinois

Isn't it a little soon to be calling this thread official? It hasn't even been deleted yet.

Also: points lost for MI beer event thread created by someone not from Chicago.

10. EB1

EB1 Savant (1,090) Aug 18, 2013 California
    Trader

@LiquidTable Any hints? Other new stuff? or mostly things that have been bottled?

11. steebo777

steebo777 Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

I'll be there Friday for sure and for part of Saturday until the wife drags me out to head to the family Christmas up north.

12. BeRanger

BeRanger Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2011 Michigan

I'm still holding out hope that they will take some obvious and consistently repeated advice on how to make things run a little smoother. I know organized chaos is kind of the mantra for all Kuhnhenn events but I'm sure Frank and others would appreciate a little less stress. I thought the poor guy was going to have a heart attack ringing people up during St Pattys Day.

joromiller and yeahnatenelson like this.
  13. raymo55

raymo55 Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2011 Michigan

BBBW or bust!

14. ppohio

ppohio Initiate (0) Aug 5, 2011 Minnesota

Can anyone give me a general idea of what the Winter Solstice party is like? Is this a "line up at 3am the night before and wait all day for the chance to buy a couple bottles of rare beer" or is it a flow in and out kind of thing and if you get some bottles you get some bottles but also you can just come and drink delicious Kuhnhenn brews?

15. hubsluvsbeer

hubsluvsbeer Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2013 Michigan

NO! it most definetly is not a flow in kind of thing. expect long lines and slow check out. there is definetly less stress if you just want tap beer and not bottles. expect it to be wall to wall all day

16. chrisbokmuller

chrisbokmuller Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2011 Michigan

I'll tell you my experience from last winter. I got there at 9am when they opened, was #110 ish, got most of what I wanted and ended up having to go back later for BB4D (I live 15 minutes away, not a big deal for me). I drank a stupid amount of amazing beer, ate some ham sandwiches and ordered a pizza.
    It's crazy busy the whole day, but a fun time IMO. Depends on what you are going for in the end. Draft offerings and hanging out = easy. Specific bottles = getting there early and stress.

17. elephantrider

elephantrider Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2011 Michigan

It has never been a show up at 3 am type of party and I hope it stays that way. Great beer flowing on tap all day and pretty much for weeks after.

If you want bottles, you will be waiting awhile for them.

18. JakeT469

JakeT469 Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

Big Beautiful Black Women? They're present at Winter Solstice? Interesting... :wink:

19. mcomben

mcomben Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2008 Michigan

I'm listening...

Tony412 likes this.
  20. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2012 Utah

It is Detroit after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.