1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Survival Football

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Damian74, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damian74

Damian74 Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2012 South Carolina

Football Season is so close, got the itch! Got the 33 club going but was thinking I need more. Didn't want to just do the fantasy so thought why not Survival Football? What is Survival Football? Well it's...
    also known as an elimination league, suicide league, last man standing league, survivor football pool or a pick 'em league, is a competition among participants to see who will outlast their opponents during the regular football season. The premise is simple: each week you pick one team to win their game. If your team wins, you stay in the competition; if they lose, you're out! Also you can't pick the same team twice.

Was hoping to get 30 people. I am going to include playoffs just in case of ties at the end of the season. I was thinking the last 3 get boxes? But willing to listen to other suggestions. I was thinking The top dog last one standing gets 16 boxes, 2nd to top dog gets 8 and 3rd gets 3. So 3 winners and 27 boxes going out. I will use Yahoo to keep track and record picks. You can set yahoo to give you a reminder a day or two before games to make pick. 44oz Good quality beer, locals stuff you would want to drink plus also a swag item...glass, shirt etc. BM me if interested.

Cheers!

2. FatsBelvadere

FatsBelvadere Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2013 Texas

BM sent

Damian74 likes this.
  3. LordofTime25

LordofTime25 Initiate (0) Oct 10, 2008 Iowa

Sent!!

Damian74 likes this.
  4. leftoverburrito

leftoverburrito Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2011 Oregon

I'm in the 33 club. Might as well. BM to follow soon.

Damian74 likes this.
  5. Mcooly

Mcooly Zealot (646) Feb 19, 2011 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Message sent!

Damian74 likes this.
  6. browniewithnuts

browniewithnuts Pundit (854) Oct 12, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I'm in!

Damian74 likes this.
  7. ijaap

ijaap Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2013 Washington

Bm sent!

TysonA and Damian74 like this.
  8. Summer78

Summer78 Zealot (592) Jan 18, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

BM sent. Your rules sound good to me. Might want to think of what the rule will be if something weird happens. Say there are 6 guys left and everyone gets knocked out in the same week. I plan on running a confidence pool BIF also, so all you NFL addicts out there, get ready.

Damian74 likes this.
  9. Damian74

I included playoffs to help thin the herd at the end if needed be. But what would you do if 6 people left and all want out same week? Just have those 6 split the boxes?????That's fine with me. How do the rest of you feel?

10. wittyname

wittyname Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2012 North Carolina

NICE!!!!!

ijaap likes this.
  11. Summer78

Trader

Even split is one way to do it and probably the most democratic. You could also do a second "mini" survivor season with the people who all got knocked out, but that ends up being a ton of work for you.

12. wittyname

I've done the money pools where, yeah, if 6 people are left and all lose, they split the money.
    Maybe do something like, each of the 6 get a box (so technically they won something), then advance to the next week. Not sure. Maybe the person with BA name that is last alphabetically gets it.

ijaap likes this.
  13. Damian74

I like that. They should at least all get a box. Then continue on for a true winner. I would have to do that since one loss yahoo is over but i'm fine with it. It's just if say 6 lose they all get a box, so leaves 21 boxes, 3 top winners. I would say top guy gets 65%, 2nd 25%, 3rd 10%. (rounding off) comes to 14 boxes, 5 boxes and 2 boxes. I say use percentages because the number of people that lose at once at the end could be 9 guys, 12 guys, 5 guys etc...So for example 9 guys left they all lose, boom! That's 9 boxes gone from 27. So the percentages will work better then saying actually number of boxes. Get it? Hope so. What do u think?

14. jfstilling

jfstilling Savant (1,132) Oct 9, 2011 South Carolina
    Trader

Sounds good to me, I'm in!

Damian74 likes this.
  15. wittyname

I was told there would be no math on this exam

ijaap and Damian74 like this.
  16. Summer78

Trader

I like it if you're willing to do the extra work

Damian74 likes this.
  17. Damian74

Don't mind at all! Can't wait for the dang season to start!

18. Damian74

Also if we do percentages, we can go with whatever number of people we get. Maybe 50! Will see, we got 14 now.

19. TriageStat

TriageStat Initiate (0) Sep 20, 2012 Pennsylvania

I'm game.

Damian74 likes this.
  20. jrbuckt

jrbuckt Initiate (0) Sep 13, 2012 Illinois

BM sent.

Damian74 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.