Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine and select auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

Surly Seven

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by repivk, Feb 17, 2013.

1. repivk

repivk Zealot (95) Minnesota Dec 8, 2012

Todd and crew are about to "desecrate some trappist bullshit". My prediction may be right, could be a quad in the works? Regardless I'm eagerly awaiting the day...
  2. 46and2

46and2 Aficionado (220) Minnesota Mar 28, 2008

I heard Eight is going to have a tap line coming out the bottom of every bottle because when you turn the Eight on it's side it becomes an INFINITY and the beer just never stops flowing.
    Lordsloth, wapavz and MBrausen like this.
  3. copslovebeer

copslovebeer Savant (255) Minnesota Mar 26, 2012

My bet is they've already begun the desecration!
  4. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Advocate (540) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010 Verified

5. repivk

repivk Zealot (95) Minnesota Dec 8, 2012

Touché mr salesmen, I didn't see that thread.
  6. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Advocate (540) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010 Verified

I forgot to add a smiley face to show that I was not being a douche. I just wanted to make sure we didn't have two threads going about this at the same time. Cheers!
  7. wapavz

wapavz Aficionado (135) Minnesota Nov 17, 2012

Just wanted to say Fucking awesome profile pic and profile name. Those two bands are fucking awesome!! T-7 days till Meshuggah come and plays here in MN!!! :D \m/
  8. Philly82785

Philly82785 Savant (275) Minnesota Dec 17, 2008

Todd told me last night that it's not a Quad. It will be like you mentioned a Trappist style, similar to a blonde Belgian strong ale at 12%
  9. Revenant

Revenant Savant (350) Minnesota Aug 8, 2012

Glad it's not a Quad.
  10. bigdaddypolite

bigdaddypolite Savant (495) Minnesota Mar 2, 2007 Verified

Bummed it's not a Quad.
  11. Quad it's quad a quad.
  12. MBrausen

MBrausen Savant (275) Minnesota May 24, 2011

I heard that Surly Ate will be a Lambic Stout, using hops only grown in the highest mountains of New Zeland by little people standing no taller than 4'2". Only their delicate touch can handle such fine cones of gold.
    feloniousmonk and stealth like this.