1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Superbowl Squares XLVII Squares 3.0

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Ruddick, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruddick

Ruddick Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2012 Pennsylvania

First off, big thanks to both brees6221 and GoOSU for allowing me to plagiarize their posts. Since both Super Bowl Squares LIF are filled up and there seems to be some more interest from those who missed out, I’m going to start a THIRD one, Super Bowl XLVII Squares 3.0. I'm hoping we can get at least 50 people (the full 100 would be awesome). A minimum of 25 is required. After 25 interested members, people will be on the waiting list until we get 50. If we get 50, people after will be on the waiting list until we get 100.

Members that have entered in the other two Superbowl Squares are welcome!

I’m looking for 99 other BA’s to participate in Super Bowl Squares 3.0. If you’re not familiar with how this works, each person is assigned one square in a 10x10 grid. Once the grid is filled with names, numbers are randomly assigned. The number represents the last digit of the score at the end of each quarter.

Ex. End of 1st quarter score is AFC team 13, NFC team 7. The name in the box where AFC 3 and NFC 7 intersect wins the 1st quarter prize.

We will be using footballpot.com, so you must register on that website to play. Your user ID needs to be the same as your BA name, up to the character limit.

Details
    1. Open to BA’s in the lower 48 US states only
    2. Non-winning BA’s agree to ship a minimum 44oz. of wants, locals, or otherwise high quality beer to one of the winners, to be assigned after the game. There is no limit to the amount you can send.
    3. Shipping window opens Monday, February 4th (pending assignments) and runs through February 15th.
    4. To participate you must have an established trade history or a sponsor who does. Your sponsor agrees to ship a box if you fail to do so.
    5. Winners are the squares matching the last digit of the score at the end of each quarter, No overtime.

To join, contact me via private conversation with an email address where I can send the invitation from footballpot.com. This must be the same email address you used to register on that website. Also, remember to make your user ID there as close as possible to your BA name. I will respond with a link to the squares. You may not be able to choose a square right away, just be patient and I will post when that can be done.

IMPORTANT: I will periodically post and update a list of participants in this thread. If you see the name of a BA who you feel should not participate because they have failed to come through on past trades, are on the bad trader list or for any other reason, please contact me immediately. I will make the final call but I need help from everyone with such a large group of participants.

If I forgot anything or if there are any questions please let me know – GOOD LUCK!

2. Ruddick

Since we may only get 25 (or 50 participants) the payouts will be as followed:

25 participants (each participant would pick 4 squares)
    1Q Winner: 5 shipments
    Halftime Winner: 5 shipments
    3Q Winner: 5 shipments
    4Q Winner: 6 shipments

50 participants (each participant would pick 2 squares)
    1Q Winner: 11 shipments
    Halftime Winner: 11 shipments
    3Q Winner: 11 shipments
    4Q Winner: 14 shipments

3. Ruddick

Current Participants:
    1. Ruddick

4. Squidly

Squidly Initiate (0) Nov 26, 2006 New Jersey

5. mhksuccess

mhksuccess Maven (1,472) Jul 7, 2012 California
    Trader

im already in 1.0 and 2.0 but may consider see how many people getting in
    i am usually game lol

6. brees6221

brees6221 Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2009 Western Sahara

I lol'd.

7. Ruddick

Made a mistake on the 50 participant payout. Here is the correct information:
    50 participants (each participant would pick 2 squares)
    1Q Winner: 11 shipments
    Halftime Winner: 11 shipments
    3Q Winner: 11 shipments
    4Q Winner: 13 shipments

8. Ruddick

Current Participants:
    1. Ruddick
    2. MexicanSkittel
    3. Squidly

9. shrek806

shrek806 Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2010 New York

10. Ruddick

shrek806 - please send a BM with your e-mail address (the same address you used to register for footballpot.com)

11. suspect

suspect Savant (1,079) Apr 12, 2010 New York

12. Ruddick

Current Participants:
    1. Ruddick
    2. MexicanSkittel
    3. Squidly
    4. Suspect
    5. Stinger80OH

20 more needed!

13. Stinger80OH

Stinger80OH Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2011 Ohio

*Stinger80OH :wink:

14. Ruddick

Current Participants:
    1. Ruddick
    2. MexicanSkittel
    3. Squidly
    4. Suspect
    5. Stinger80OH
    6. bribo

19 more, come on BAers!

15. ThatCracker

ThatCracker Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2012 Virginia

16. Ruddick

Current Participants:
    1. Ruddick
    2. MexicanSkittel
    3. Squidly
    4. Suspect
    5. Stinger80OH
    6. bribo
    7. ThatCracker

18 more, come on BAers!

17. Blowofftube

Blowofftube Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2012 Michigan

Okay, I'll sign up for #3. Come on numbers with no 6.

18. Ruddick

Glad to have you Blowofftube, just send me a BM and we will get you added to the system. It will be good to have another Michigander in the mix.

19. bb8189

bb8189 Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2008 Ohio

I'm in.....goosu gave me some shitty numbers damn him. No choice but to enter this one and rake it in.

20. Ruddick

bb8189, just shoot me a BM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.