1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Super Bowl XLVII Squares 3.0 - Hints and Hauls!

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Ruddick, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruddick

Ruddick Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2012 Pennsylvania

The big game is fast approaching!

By tomorrow morning the non-winning BAers will be informed by BM of the winner they need to ship to. In that BM I will give the non-winning BAers the winner's address and information as well as supply you with their wants list as well as any other information they gave on beer preference. Winners please update your wants list to make it easier for the non-winning BAers.

Remember:
    1. Non-winning BAers agree to ship a minimum 44oz. of wants, locals, or otherwise high quality beer to one of the winners, to be assigned after the game. There is no limit to the amount you can send.
    2. Shipping window opens Monday, February 4th (pending assignments) and runs through February 15th.
    3. Winners are the squares matching the last digit of the score at the end of each quarter, No overtime.

Payouts
    1Q Winner: 11 shipments
    Halftime Winner: 11 shipments
    3Q Winner: 11 shipments
    4Q Winner: 13 shipments​

Once non-winning BAer have shipped you must send me a private BM with the tracking number. So I can send that to the winner.

Feel free to contact the winner you must ship to by private BM if you have any questions or post in this thread with any hints. Winners please take pictures and post your hauls once you receive them.

If I am forgetting anything please let me know.

Good Luck!

2. FlyingKelly

FlyingKelly Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2012 Texas

Just in case there's even the slightest chance that I win I just want my shipper to know... I like beer.

Good luck everyone!

3. Ruddick

Additional rule: If there is a power outage everyone must send the moderator a beer!

4. CanMan79

CanMan79 Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2012 Ohio

Rudd, you almost had it before halftime. I was pulling for ya.

5. nedvalton

nedvalton Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2012 Alabama

On a real note i think the extra 2 boxes should go to mods

6. CanMan79

Extra boxes? The numbers work out with 4 winners. That said, I think it would be proper for all winners to send Ruddick a box for setting this up. He put in a lot of wok that deserves some credit. Cheers!

7. nedvalton

No there are 50 people. 4 winners that equals 46 shippers. 11 shippers per quarter equals 44 not 46. So that leave 2 extra boxes going in the 4th quarter. I say send to the mods

8. jodan

jodan Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2008 California

Well that sucked, I really don't want to hear ray Lewis blabber on.
    More importantly, who wants my beer?

9. nedvalton

In 3.0 who wants some beer? 2.0 i will take the 1st quarter

10. CanMan79

The payouts are listed as 11-11-11-13, so there are no extras. I say winners pay the mod, but that is up to each winner. Hey Rudd, send me your shipping details and I will salute your hard work. Cheers!

11. Providence

Providence Pooh-Bah (2,628) Feb 24, 2010 Rhode Island
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Bummer. Congrats to everyone that won.

12. bignuke61

bignuke61 Crusader (402) Jan 29, 2007 California

I was 12 seconds away from 13 boxes of beer!!!!!! THEN AN INTENTIONAL SAFETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT????????

13. nedvalton

Canman you are right on payout jut normally its 24x4 with half its 11,11,11,13 the 13 is 2 more than 11. By my math that's 2 extra in the 4th quarter. I say they go to mod.

14. CanMan79

I understand the math, however since generally the 4th qtr winner gets the biggest payout and everyone knew what the payout was before they got into the squares, I still think it would be best for the winners to ship to the mod. Hell, the mod is in the mix as one of the losing shippers, so even if all 4 winners ship to him, he still only gets 3 bonus boxes for all the work of setting up the LIF. As I said, its up to each person if they want to ship, but I personally view the legwork for setup as being worth a couple brews. Cheers to all that played.

15. CanMan79

That play was a brotherly kick in the balls. Great way to burn the clock, but a very non-traditional way to do it.

16. bb8189

bb8189 Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2008 Ohio

I spent the whole time thinking things like "If SF just goes for two here and then scores two more touchdowns..." and "Let's see, I need Baltimore to somehow score 4 pts in the next 2 minutes..."
    I hate you all.

17. nedvalton

I agree its up to each winner, but not its usaully even for all 4 quarters.

18. nedvalton

Bb i did the same. Sux to do so. I won sb2.0 but not 3.0

19. Providence

Providence Pooh-Bah (2,628) Feb 24, 2010 Rhode Island
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Ok then, who should I be shipping to and what type of beer do they like?

20. Ruddick

I am sending out the information to members right now.
    We are sticking with the 11-11-11-13 payout as set from the beginning.

Also I would never say no to free beer so if the winners want to send anything here is the address:

Jared Ruddick
    1018 S 45th St
    Fl #2
    Philadelphia, PA
    517-303-6526

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.