1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Super Bowl Squares 2.0

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by TheOneTC, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOneTC

TheOneTC Zealot (718) Aug 23, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Ok, since the first one is now officially full, I thought I’d set up a second Super Bowl Squares BIF, since we still have a week to go, and I’m sure there are people who would still like to play. The rules are as follows.

• Non-winners agree to ship a minimum of 44oz of rated 85 or better beer to one of the winners. Do your best to keep it to locals/wants/style preferences if at all possible.
    • Limit of 2 squares per person. If you select two squares, you will be required to ship out two separate boxes.
    • Digits will be randomly generated after all squares have been claimed.
    • Traditional Super Bowl squares format, with last the last digit of the AFC/NFC score at the end of every quarter, corresponding to those particular squares. (If score after first quarter is Denver -13 Seattle -7, winner would have box AFC 3/NFC 7)
    • Payouts will be 20/20/20/40, or in the event of overtime 15/20/15/20/30. This is a bit different than the other one, with the person who has the final score correct taking the biggest haul, and also accounts for the possibility of overtime, where the person who has the score of the 4th quarter winning as if it were another quarter.
    • Winners may choose not to send a box and receive one less, or still ship theirs to another winner, and receive their full payout.
    • If the pool does not fill up by Saturday, the first 50 (or 25 if 50 are not hit) claimed squares will double (or quadruple) their picks, with no additional wagering. Payouts will be scaled back.
    • Non-winners will have a winner assigned to them within a couple days after the Super Bowl, with shipping expected by Feb 21st at the latest (weather permitting).
    • I will be using footballpot.com. Please make your username as similar to your BA name as possible.

To join, just BM me with your name, address, phone #, and email address.

Good Luck!!!

ThatCracker and Damian74 like this.
  2. Summer78

Summer78 Zealot (592) Jan 18, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

I'm in. My 6th square pool. I feel good about my chances!

TheOneTC and Damian74 like this.
  3. TheOneTC

Trader

Quick update. We're at about 13-14 squares right now. Looking good to hit at least 50.

4. IPAdams

IPAdams Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2013 Illinois

count me in.

TheOneTC likes this.
  5. mhksuccess

mhksuccess Maven (1,472) Jul 7, 2012 California
    Trader

i will get in if it still open

TheOneTC likes this.
  6. Lasering

Lasering Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2013 Florida

I'm in!

TheOneTC likes this.
  7. ThatCracker

ThatCracker Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2012 Virginia

Let me know when this closes - I will set up a third if needed. In the first this year and did one last year. Also - count me on in this one - getting another BiaB order in soon so the winner can expect a Loon :slight_smile:

TheOneTC likes this.
  8. heatwaves

heatwaves Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2009 California

I was accidentally left out of 1.0, so I'm in! (or was it an accident, Damian? :astonished:)

Damian74 and TheOneTC like this.
  9. Hastur23

Hastur23 Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2013 Pennsylvania

Yeah - I got left out of the first one too. Hopefully this one gains some momentum and we fill those squares!

Join, people! I want to send you beer!

ThatCracker and TheOneTC like this.
  10. mcb4538

mcb4538 Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2007 New Jersey

Let's get this baby to 100!

In.

TheOneTC likes this.
  11. Indytruks138

Indytruks138 Initiate (0) Jun 28, 2013 Texas

Looks like 23 squares already chosen, I put in my square earlier today. 77 more squares, we can hit 100 right?

TheOneTC likes this.
  12. Abawol01

Abawol01 Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2013 Michigan

If you'll have me I'm in. Don't have many(any) trades listed on here but @DrChadly can vouch for me.

TheOneTC likes this.
  13. kennyo

kennyo Pundit (960) Jan 30, 2003 New York
    Trader

beermail sent.

TheOneTC likes this.
  14. Damian74

Damian74 Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2012 South Carolina

Damn bif addiction!!!! I'm in.

ThatCracker and TheOneTC like this.
  15. TheOneTC

Trader

We've got 23 people who I have sent invites to, but only 17 have picked squares. Please let me know if you've sent me a BM but haven't gotten the email, and if you have received the invite, make sure you sign up and make sure your square(s) are picked and saved. I don't want anyone to miss out.

mhksuccess and Damian74 like this.
  16. Bjohnston

Bjohnston Initiate (0) Dec 24, 2011 Kentucky

Agree. In!

TheOneTC and Damian74 like this.
  17. DrChadly

DrChadly Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2013 Florida

This is a swell man...let him play your foosball game

TheOneTC likes this.
  18. zookerman182

zookerman182 Initiate (0) Oct 8, 2013 Alabama

I'm in!

Lets fill this up!

blue-dream and TheOneTC like this.
  19. Syracuse12

Syracuse12 Initiate (0) Aug 21, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

Trying to avoid this pool...relatively unsuccessfully since I got 9 and 8 in version 1.0. Thinking I need more will power.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.