Suggestions: Buying Beer Online

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by psnydez86, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pensfan

Pensfan Crusader (409) Feb 21, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Surprisingly fast, I ordered on a Saturday and received it on Wednesday.

2. Eriktheipaman

Eriktheipaman Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2010 California

Yup same experience here. I ordered on Friday I think? and received it yesterday.

3. 1beergeek

1beergeek Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2012 New Mexico

4. 1beergeek

1beergeek Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2012 New Mexico

I live in the Southwest (Albuquerque, NM) I just posted a thread asking anyone who would be interested in trading beer? We have some incredible breweries here that I know do not distribute in Pa. Three in patricular are the 2011 GABF Gold medal winning Elevated IPA from La Cumbre Brewery, the 2012 Silver medal GABF winning Marble Brewery Red Ale, and the 2012 GABF Gold medal winning Nut Brow Ale from Sierra Blance Brewing Co. I am looking for someone who is will to trade the Headhunter IPA (Fatheads) for any of these products. Yes I agree shipping is high, but I am more than willing to work with you. Please let me know. Thanks

5. Preluderl

Preluderl Pooh-Bah (1,710) Sep 27, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Looks like ordering and shipping to my parents home in West Virginia it'll be!

6. Jazzpatel

Jazzpatel Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2009 California

Hey guys this is Jazz from El Cerrito Liquor check out our website at KNSWine.com

cheers
    Jazz

Hotmetal1 and ehammond1 like this.
  7. ColonelCash

ColonelCash Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2011 Tennessee

I've missed the UPS guy twice now for my delivery from HalfTime. Hope to pick it up on Monday. FYI: I ordered like 36 beers and they still shipped. Grabbed a couple cases of Session (Red Lager and Fest), plus some singles we don't get in my area. $7/ea for BCBS is a little steep, but I'm looking forward to trying it.

8. TheSevenDuffs

TheSevenDuffs Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2010 Canada (ON)

That's why I always have beer trades shipped to my work, not my home...

9. HeyJim

HeyJim Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2012 Pennsylvania

Good to know. My order was 27 bottles total, but no matter what I did, the cart kept showing 24. I've noticed this happens when I add BCBS to my cart. No matter how many bottles of it I add, it only tally's one at the top. Bizzaro.

10. RDMII

RDMII Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

I've used Quality Liquor, France44, Leukens, Nejaime's Wine, and Holiday Wine Cellar all with great success, however it now seems Nejaime's no longer carries beer, sucks. I got last year's batch of Blasphemy from them before we could get in GA. I've done Let's Pour as well, but we can all vouch for their quality and speed I think. Leukens is awesome for Cigar City stuff but you have to jump on it quick, they sell out fast. Quality is good for most West Coast stuff it seems. I hate paying the shipping too, but I'm too damn impatient sometimes to deal with trading, not everyone is willing to play ball. I've got three trades 'floating' right now, awaiting responses but people don't always come through.

11. luwak

luwak Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2010 Arizona

wow that's a nice box you got coming

12. RDMII

RDMII Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

I forgot, I've used Charleston Beer Exchange too. Super fast and easy.

TheSevenDuffs likes this.
  13. Rosty

Rosty Devotee (337) Nov 29, 2006 California

"How's about free shipping with 6 bottles? http://www.letspour.com/deals?deal_type=beer

Love this site. Free shipping, chance to win discounts (pretty sure you get $10 off first order with a new account), and the customer service is amazing."

I would have to disagree with Lets Pour customer service. I had a beer in my cart and when I was looking to get more beers for the six bottle shipping, it was ripped out. When I emailed them they said I used up my time of 15 minutes to order the beer. B.S. It was gone in under five minutes. When I responded to their email saying this was not the case they have never gotten back to me. So their customer service is crap. Just saying. There are too many other place to get beers from.

14. modern

modern Initiate (0) May 31, 2012 Ohio

This thread is amazing. I am going to be so broke. Thanks for the info guys.

ellswrth and mattizmyname like this.
  15. Preluderl

Preluderl Pooh-Bah (1,710) Sep 27, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Customer service is all about your personal experience. No matter how good customer service for a company is there will always be someone who has a bad story.

Sorry to hear about what happened to you though, that sucks. My first experience with them has been phenomenal.

16. TheSevenDuffs

Most of the bottles they sell are already $3-$4 more expensive than anywhere else, so all they have done is built the shipping in to the cost of the bottles. Creative window dressing, I guess. If you order less than 6 bottles from them you are really getting ripped off.

brewbetter likes this.
  17. micromaniac129

micromaniac129 Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2009 Pennsylvania

France 44 and half time are good on line retailers but you will pay for shipping and then have to go to fed x and sign for it
    France 44 had surly furious which was almost worth the shipping. But to get some harder to find beers you almost have to go on line.

18. HeyJim

HeyJim Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2012 Pennsylvania

Does Halftime send an email when they ship? Thursday the website said it had shipped, but I just NOW got an email saying three of my bottles were out of stock and I'd be refunded. A tracking number sure would be nice.

19. Pinche_Oso

Pinche_Oso Pundit (877) Jun 25, 2012 California

Know of any online sites that will have Surly Darkness?

20. TheSevenDuffs

Darkness is brewery only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.