1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Sours for Dummies Two Hints and Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by merc7186, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illy0sis

illy0sis Initiate (0) Dec 12, 2012 Texas
    Trader

Dear Target,

I will ship your box out on May 13th. There is a very limited local sour that will be released that I'm waiting on. I'm hoping they make the fruit variant of this again this year so I can give you both. I hope you don't mind.

P.S. If my target figures me out I'll include something really fun in the box :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
    Your Sender

2. Kwaide

Kwaide Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2012 Virginia

Hmmm fun sour release. Sounds like a certain Free Tail.

illy0sis likes this.
  3. merc7186

merc7186 Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2010 New York

This is a shout out to everyone...boxes are starting to fly and the pace is picking up....make sure you start checking front porches....and please, bend at the knees when lifting. I dont want to hear about some dumbass who popped an L2 because his porch got busted up from a heavy box.

To my targets...shame on you. I was forced into lying to my wife about how much certain bottles cost, going into your boxes. The sanctity of marriage has been ruined.... (top bottle was 45 bucks each :slight_smile: )

RC0032, jonallan, VonZipper and 6 others like this.
  4. illy0sis

Trader

What you don't know is that TWO local breweries are releasing sours... one is more than likely that of which you speak the second is a pretty luxurious place :wink:

5. Kwaide

I would guess that Jesterking is finally releasing Viking Metal soon in Bottles.

6. wildcats10

wildcats10 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2012 New Hampshire
    Trader

My target has many wants from the opposite coast but only one from my home state.

(He should add more that I can get from Phil Harmstead or Jason Perkins)

7. illy0sis

Trader

You follow Texas beer? :stuck_out_tongue: or are you from Texas?

8. Kwaide

If I am your target use your best judgement, I am not too picky.

To my Target

Your box is packed and almost ready to fly.

9. Kwaide

I follow Freetail and Jester King mostly. I have trade partners in TX. One near each.

10. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 Initiate (0) May 6, 2010 Minnesota

My box will hit UPS today. Should make it there by the weekend. Along with 3 other boxes for the same general type area, same state at least.

11. illy0sis

Trader

Very nice... I hope you are getting some Freetail limited release. I will be taking home a case if you don't :slight_smile:

12. Kwaide

He said he was getting an Ananke for me but after the bif we can talk. I have many things that don't get down to TX according to the other guys. Was thinking you were my sender until I went back thru the hints again. Damn.

illy0sis likes this.
  13. illy0sis

Trader

I'm sorry :slight_frown: My target will be happy though... I just wish they would play along :stuck_out_tongue:

Just let me know if you want anything from Texas. I'm not picky or looking for whalez I just want to try stuff :slight_smile: so after this BIF Kwaide I'm all yours and well merc's he claimed some stuff too haha.

14. Kwaide

WORD!! I wouldnt say I am a Whale hunter because I usually dont want to give away my left nut for anything, but I usually can rake in some sizable tuna, and swordfish. pretty much all of my beer gets shared with 5-15 people of the Virginia Craft Beer Society, so that all we ever look for is something we can't get and something new.

illy0sis likes this.
  15. Kwaide

so after reading thru hints again I am pretty sure no one that has posted is my sender. one or 2 are close but I don't think its them. Etregourmet people, what is the usual delivery window for the orders. I want to make sure I have some Bad Ass sourness for the Bachelor party.

16. fiedler84

fiedler84 Zealot (722) Dec 23, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I hit a sour release a few weeks ago to grab a bottle for this. The release was not in my home state.

russwbeck likes this.
  17. Fujii13

Fujii13 Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2011 New York

My target's box was picked up today and should land Thursday in a state where production of a movie premiering this week was done (and I'll totally be nerding out to that movie on Thursday night, too.)

merc7186 and Wolfpack2005 like this.
  18. Mag00n

Mag00n Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2008 New York

About 10 days give or take

Kwaide likes this.
  19. Wolfpack2005

Wolfpack2005 Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2010 North Carolina

This could be me if you are talking about Ironman 3 which I beleived was filmed in NC, but if you are talking about this one http://www.movieweb.com/movie/aroused .......im not sure where that one was shot.

Fujii13 and innuendobrewskiman63 like this.
  20. jonallan

jonallan Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2012 Indiana

NEW and final hint: If you haven't found it already, there's a box on someone's porch in NY. Second box should be there tomorrow. Enjoy!

Sidebordz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.