1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Sour BIF 6 Hints and Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by olympuszymurgus, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stupac2

stupac2 Pooh-Bah (2,031) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

Good thing only half this BIF is from the Bay Area. I'm looking forward to that game, should be a good one. Especially after this clunker of a wildcard weekend (at least Seahawks-Redskins was interesting).

2. BeerThursdays

BeerThursdays Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2010 Delaware
    Trader

Everything is all boxed up and ready to fly. I'll be dropping it off today, and it's going to someone who hasn't posted, so I hope you like the box...:confused:

Hit two (I think) top wants (one is a 375, but something I can't duplicate for a "full bottle") and something you haven't reviewed or "had"..

As for who has me, no idea... Need more hints!!

3. jsilva

jsilva Initiate (0) Nov 10, 2009 Massachusetts

My target lives in a smaller city than me but their closest major city is much bigger than mine. I have three wants ready to go west. I have been in a bif with my target but never traded.

4. DoctorRock

DoctorRock Zealot (631) May 13, 2010 Minnesota

I love tits and we have parks.

5. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2009 Vermont
    Deactivated

My targets closest NFL franchise had a successful season, as long as it lasted. Your town has 137 people less that mine according to the towns websites.

Who doesn't love tits, and my whole state is a friggin' park.

6. olympuszymurgus

olympuszymurgus Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2009 California

Now now boys, the rules are three bottles. I don't care if they are kegs or nips, growlers or 375 or 750. A bottle is a bottle. I don't have issue with folks throwing two 12 oz bottles of the same beer in in place of a 750, but it by no means necessary.

Who here would argue with a 375 of 2010 cuvée de Tommee? Or a Golden Blend? Those were the rules in the beginning so no need to shame folks for putting together a sexy box with some little bottles.

7. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 Initiate (0) May 6, 2010 Minnesota

one of my bottles was a 375, sorry it's on your wants list, but I did throw in a tulip from the exact same brewery to hopefully take the sting off of the missing ounces, oh and its goiing via Fedex 4894522600.....

8. AleWatcher

AleWatcher Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2009 Illinois

I'd argue about the Cuvée de Tomme... Seeing as I gave it a 3.
    Golden Blend is spectacular... It just happens to be available in Chicago still... But I certainly wouldn't argue about getting one!

9. ASUBeer

ASUBeer Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2011 North Carolina

I didn't mean to imply 375s are bad. Heck, I sent a 375. I just meant the general thoughtless-ness of 375s from the shelf would be sad.

LOL at Raleigh and all this pro sports talk. At least hockey is back for us, although I don't care about hockey too much.

10. jsilva

jsilva Initiate (0) Nov 10, 2009 Massachusetts

Geeze tough crowd in here. Last round i got all 375ml bottles and had no problem at all. Dont worry i will be sending 2250ml of liquid pleasure. I assume if its on someones wants then they want it regardless of how they rated it?

11. AleWatcher

This is what I meant as well. I don't mean to offend anyone.
    There's clearly a difference between a 375 of Flaming Fury and a 375 of temptation. Yes, both might be wants, but a difference exists.

I will apologize for offending anyone that already shipped, but I didn't notice this thread and I thought we werent shipping til the end of the month.

12. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2009 Minnesota
    Trader

Some of us live in the tundra and have to ship now to beat the cold. I don't think many of us would mind a longer wait if it is freezing out

13. davey

davey Zealot (574) Aug 18, 2006 Oregon
    Trader

Whoever is sending my box, can throw in as many bottles as they want. I will only speak of 3 bottles! You will be sent a heart warming thank you note and an order of flowers to your office.

14. BeerThursdays

BeerThursdays Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2010 Delaware
    Trader

Ok, box is at the drop off. Tracking number is 9726068150013XX Also, I've sent four packages this week with those first set of numbers, so results may vary.

Doesn't seem to matter much, my target hasn't posted, and doesn't look like he's even been on BA in a few days. Must be a busy time for him/her/them/they/me.

15. DoctorRock

DoctorRock Zealot (631) May 13, 2010 Minnesota

Sending mine out tomorrow - probably reach the destination in time for the game :slight_smile:

Go Pack!

16. FunkyMacGroovin

FunkyMacGroovin Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2009 California

HINT THE THIRD: one of the properties in Monopoly is named after my target's state.

17. SpillyBeers

SpillyBeers Initiate (0) May 3, 2011 Pennsylvania

Can't figure out who my sender is, more hints!

I think my target may have figured out I'm sending to him.

18. AleWatcher

I always felt an odd sense of pride when I got to own Illinois Ave.

Since people are asking for more hints--
    My target lives in an I-80 state.

19. olympuszymurgus

olympuszymurgus Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2009 California

I still don't know what to send my target, I may send him a select vertical of a good American sour ranging to 5 years old, or maybe a random bag of beer.

Who is my target? They live in a town bigger than where I grew up but much smaller than where I live. A big brewery owner from his state looks a lot like a big name brewery owner from my state. Like weirdly similar.

20. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 Initiate (0) May 6, 2010 Minnesota

looks like someone gets beer on Thursday, pucker up biyatch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.