1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

so it happened to me.. no options?

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by jaminjohnson, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaminjohnson

jaminjohnson Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2012 Canada (YT)

I agree with the pick up service, I had been meaning to start doing that, just nervous about leaving packages outside of my house because its at a major intersection kind of out in the country and I am only home for 6 hours a day and that is when I sleep. Ive already had somebody break into my house and steal a bunch of beer and whiskey.
    I might just drop off and recieve out of a relatives place of buisness.

2. Theeabyss

Theeabyss Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2012 Illinois

Here is the shit kicker. I am the receiving party, I also am a FedEx employee. The asshole at the shipping store gave me his account rep, I called her and her boss seeing if they could get this assclown release the package. They said they would try their best. 3 hours later I get a call from my boss wanting a email explaining what happened and that she is going to "run it by HR"

If I lost my job I will drive my happy ass down there and it won't be pretty. Thankfully I have had two job offers in the last two days :slight_smile:

RC0032 likes this.
  3. shutyourface

shutyourface Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2010 Washington

I'm supposed no one is going after these guys on facebook.

4. Theeabyss

Sadly the manager claimed to also be the owner and the FedEx rep confirmed that with me....

5. Knownfactor

Knownfactor Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2010 Colorado

I have done trades with Theeabyss in the past with no issues shipping through Fedex authorized retailers, this is a shitty situation for the OP. whatta dick sneeze. hopefully this dude gets it full circle.

YaKnowBrady likes this.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2012 Virginia

Not trying to tell you how to live your life, but if you are doing something blatantly against the rules, I wouldn't be asking your employer to help you get away with it.

Kopfschuss likes this.
  7. crusian

crusian Pooh-Bah (1,989) May 14, 2010 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah

hey OP, sorry about the hassles... just wanted to say I love your avatar. :slight_smile:
    kickass movie.

jaminjohnson likes this.
  8. OddNotion

OddNotion Pooh-Bah (1,853) Nov 1, 2009 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society

Tell your credit card company to not pay fed ex since they provided you no service, at least that will put the shipping charges back in your account... I did that when they fucked up my shipping of a box and my cc company is on my side after hearing the situation i went through. And btw having them stop payment was my last resort but i had to do it.

9. Theeabyss

Dont see how asking the shipping store to release a package as against the rules. The package was never in transit and FedEx Office locations and authorized ship centers are told to just release the package back to the shipper. This asshat took it one step further.

jaminjohnson likes this.
  10. jaminjohnson

jaminjohnson Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2012 Canada (YT)

I asked since my bank is in the same building, but was told since I used my debit/credit card that I could not do so
    If I would have used my regular old visa I could have saved 17$

11. Domeshot14

Domeshot14 Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2011 California

jaminjohnson likes this.
  12. OddNotion

OddNotion Pooh-Bah (1,853) Nov 1, 2009 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society

That is a pain in the ass... I guess it was dumb luck for me in this situation that I use my credit card for everything to get the rewards points. Im sorry to hear about this shitty situation.

13. loki993

loki993 Initiate (0) Apr 16, 2009 Michigan

Man that really sucks. Sounds like someone needs an "attitude adjustment" Is this a normal thing to avoid retailers when shipping? I recently used one and not only did they ship my package no questions asked they even let me use their computer to print out my shipping label lol.

14. Hanzo

I guess what I am saying is, unless you think your company is naive, they are going to wonder why this place held the package in the first place, and then upon finding out they did so because of a TOS infraction they'll wonder why you are trying to get this released. I'm not saying the guy isn't an asshole, I am just saying I wouldn't involve my employer in this.

15. lvoutlawjlh

lvoutlawjlh Initiate (0) Mar 15, 2012 Nebraska

His employer was involved from the beginning. They're shipping FedEx.

Theeabyss likes this.
  16. cbeer88

cbeer88 Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

You absolutely can process a chargeback on a debit card so long as it has a Visa/Mastercard logo on it. (which is pretty much all nowadays) Call your bank's card services (number on the back of the card) - branch reps tend to be woefully under-informed about stuff like this, and there is a lot of consumer misunderstandings about it as well. There are other good reasons to use a credit card over a debit card, but this one shouldn't matter.

The $17 may not seem like much, but the merchant will also get slapped with $30-$40-ish chargeback fee (varies by provider). Plus if they are that much of a jackass, they will probably waste time trying to fight it, even though they have a near-0% chance of winning.

Steimie, nanobrew and Theeabyss like this.
  17. deadbody

deadbody Initiate (0) May 10, 2010 Minnesota
    Trader

Yeah the bank issue is called a regulation E claimed. You were charged for services not rendered. Unless you processed it as a debit instead of a credit. if you didn't enter a pin number you have recourse through your bank.

18. robinsmv

robinsmv Initiate (0) Jun 24, 2010 Florida

Am I the only one thinking that the men seeking men section on Craigslist needs a new ad?

19. Hanzo

Right, but his only connection to the situation was he was the recipient (it likely would have never been found out that he worked for FedEx). Now he is trying to use his affiliation to get a ceased box (that violated TOS) released. I would not want my employer to know I was violating their policies, I mean would you want to get reprimanded or potentially fired over something as trivial as beer trading?

Kopfschuss likes this.
  20. Knownfactor

Knownfactor Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2010 Colorado

All you have to say is my friend owed me a favor and he went out of his way to make up for it. I didn't know what was in the box he was sending until this issue came up. How would it EVER be abyss' fault for what someone else is sending???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.