Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Bigfoot

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by dsal89, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LouDogg114

LouDogg114 Initiate (0) Jan 1, 2012 Georgia

Bought 2 2013 SN Bigfoot today. One to drink now and the other cellared for as long as I can fight the urge!

2. BlueRogue

BlueRogue Initiate (0) May 1, 2011 Maine

My greatest fear was being abducted by aliens. Now my greatest fear is not being able to find a bottle of BA Bigfoot.

3. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Initiate (0) Nov 17, 2012 California

Call Petes Liquor in Tracy. They might still have some

4. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2011 California

^ did its all gone. Thanks Johnny. It was all sold out Friday. Was even going to drive to Perry's but that was also a no go. Now just looking for a taste instead of a bottle. Hopefully P.wexfords will get it in tap or pi's bar will have it for Sf beer week. Haven't given up yet ! :grinning:

5. Johnnyramirez

I'm curious how hard this is to grab? I honestly had an easy time finding it, but the beer guy in my area said that each mom and pop spot got only 1 case if that and that chain places got maybe 2-3 cases. If there was 1000 cases made, how much made it out of California, much less out of the Bay Area? You gotta assume SN kept a large portion at their brewery shop.

6. azureoval

azureoval Zealot (743) Jan 25, 2010 California

I have been to 6 different stores in my area (Sacramento-Roseville) and only one store , a Whole Foods, had it yet as of Friday night. The other stores might get some still but who knows ? It could end up like the Abyss was and be easy for some and a no go for others.

7. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Crusader (497) Apr 4, 2007 Illinois

Man would I love to try a 10 yr old Bigfoot one of these days.

8. azaaron

azaaron Aspirant (251) Mar 11, 2010 Minnesota

Any word on distro to Arizona??? Specificallly Tucson.

jakesingleton and DonDirkA like this.
  9. Johnnyramirez

Is Sacramento's distro traditionally laggy compared to the Bay or Central Valley? And more importantly did you grab a bottle? I'd honestly assume that in Northern California, if they haven't gotten any in yet, they won't get it, but I'm probably wrong.

10. Larkin4beer

Larkin4beer Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2012

My bar was only able to get in a single case of the BA Bigfoot..... we were sold out in about 20 mintues, The beer was fantastic though.

11. FunkyMacGroovin

FunkyMacGroovin Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2009 California

I can't imagine it won't be on tap at Toronado for the barleywine festival.

12. Prost76

Prost76 Savant (1,189) Mar 9, 2012 New Hampshire

Supposedly 40 cases hitting NH. I was told sometime mid Feb.

Rochefort10nh and brewtechnik like this.
  13. No1Smitty

Another option to try this sought out beer. For me anyways. Thanks MacGroovin.

14. No1Smitty

Where did you find out that number Prost ? I have been looking for a distro map or plan of some type and have come up empty. I even tweeted sierra themselves to see if the would respond and it was a no go.

15. khofer3839

khofer3839 Initiate (0) Oct 4, 2012 California

Cap N' Cork in West Hollywood does not have it yet either. Found a couple websites offering it for pre-order but who knows if they'll actually be able to get some.

16. azureoval

azureoval Zealot (743) Jan 25, 2010 California

I would not say traditionally laggy. Sometimes we get stuff before the Bay Area . I think it all depends on the distribution plan of the brewery.
    Yes I was lucky enough to get a bottle. The 20% off sale they were having did not suck either.
    I would imagine that if the store I got mine from just got some the other area stores are not far behind. The store in question is in a different distro (Placer CO) than Sacramento stores (SAC CO) so delays can exist.

MentalHorror likes this.
  17. Trilogy31

Trilogy31 Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2011 California

Just picked up six bottles in SF off Fell - thank God for no Healthy Spirits bottle limit on this or the Cantillon - but at least they let you buy it to take without too crazy of a mark up like shitty beer on Folsom.

18. FunkyMacGroovin

Healthy Spirits had a 1 bottle/person limit on the Cantillon they put out for sale yesterday.

19. Trilogy31

Trilogy31 Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2011 California

I know thats why I said that, though I really dont mind that too much - at least they sell it unlike that bullshit citybeer pulls marking it up and making you drink it there - just pure profiteering on a hard to get product. Doesnt sound like anyone else in the area received any cantillon except for plumpjack in noe and starr grocery - not sure how HS had so much variety and none of the cities other spots got any.

20. FunkyMacGroovin

You said they didn't have a bottle limit on BA Bigfoot or Cantillon. I don't know how they went about selling Bigfoot, but they definitely had a limit on Cantillon purchases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.