1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Side Project/De Garde Orviamo - deets?

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by markgugs, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markgugs

markgugs Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2006 New Jersey

Can anyone shed some light on bottle count & price? Some quick googling on my part only resulted in the release date (5/22), not anything more.

Gracias

Kurmaraja likes this.
  2. moonman14

moonman14 Initiate (0) Sep 27, 2012 Maine
    Trader

It was $30/bottle and 1 per person. Limits were determined on the spot like other Side Project releases. Seems to be trading much higher than SdF b3 if that helps at all.

markgugs likes this.
  3. markgugs

Damn $30?! Thanks for the info.

4. shadetree67

shadetree67 Savant (1,060) Sep 11, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

Bottle count was just under 400 for orviamo

5. threedaggers

threedaggers Maven (1,448) Dec 2, 2013 Kentucky
    Trader

Doesn't supreme me. It seems like many people picked up grrzz bottles solely to trade. I think far less people pick up limit 1sp bottles for the same purpose.

6. Angelshare

Angelshare Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2015 Colorado

I was able to go through the line twice and my wife who loves beer came with me, two are hers, no mules were involved. I traded one already and plan on keeping the others in the familia. Its at the point where people gotta be floored to trade one because its that good.

7. cfh64

cfh64 Pooh-Bah (1,996) Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Trader

No offense but it seems as if every limited SP release all the locals say the same thing and almost every time the reviews aren't as good once it gets in non locals hands. I'm not saying that's the case here but I know it has deterred many people, myself included, from giving up what people are asking every time a new SP release comes out.

How does it go "fool me once..." I'm not trying to stir anything up but just as you have your opinion, which I respect, I have mine.

8. Angelshare

I understand what you are saying, but I hope you get to try Orviamo, you will understand then. I honestly have only liked maybe 50% of the SP releases, but Orviamo is different. Honestly it makes me very interested in DeGarde.

cfh64 likes this.
  9. cfh64

Pooh-Bah Trader

Thanks for understanding and not being offended :slight_smile: Hopefully some day it may be brewed again on a bigger scale and it won't be as hard to trade for. I would love to try it just to prove myself wrong about this one.

10. Angelshare

It won't be brewed again, 3 different types of barrels were used too. It's a one time thing.

11. Greenplastic615

Greenplastic615 Savant (1,068) Nov 4, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

100% this. I've been somewhat let down by almost every SP bottle I've received. That's not to say they weren't good (most were very good), but certainly no better than a lot of other, very much simpler to acquire beers.

The reason I'm more ISO this one is because of the De Garde collab. They consistently impress me with almost everything.

Kurmaraja, markgugs, anteater and 2 others like this.
  12. Angelshare

I just had another Orviamo at Side Project Cellar tonight and have 3 left now, so I decided to put an Orviamo up looking for big BA stouts....All STL people don't keep all our beer. I would feel good about sending this somewhere, hopefully some of the SP detractors will be the one to get my Orviamo.

cfh64 likes this.
  13. cfh64

Pooh-Bah Trader

That actually seems reasonable IMO. Just some helpful advice since you're new. You can scrap the sales pitch, it comes across the wrong way and contributes to some of the perceived negativity I've already mentioned. Again, just friendly advice. I know you probably mean well but it sounds like you're selling a used car and I mean that with no disrespect.

Good luck on your trade and hope you're right about an SP detractor getting the beer. Keep us updated!

mlhyatt, kmello69, Abbbp and 3 others like this.
  14. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Grand Pooh-Bah (3,248) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Trader

As was said above, wen. You say this in your ISO:FT: 'I heard two other people agree with me tonight that Orviamo is the best beer ever to come out of Side Project' it comes off poorly. If it's that good it'll trade without someone whoring it out. I, too, hope that someone that hates on SP gets it and agrees it's fantastic. GL!

boilermakerbrew and cfh64 like this.
  15. markgugs

I hate on SP :-)

zoober911 likes this.
  16. Jaycase

Jaycase Grand Pooh-Bah (3,554) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Wait, I thought two of four bottles are your wife's, who btw loves beer? You did say no mules were involved too. Oh, right yeah... Well maybe Orviamo is not her thing. It happens. Darn now you're stuck with her bottles :slight_frown:

mlhyatt and HugeBulge like this.
  17. Angelshare

Whats hers is ours and whats mine is ours. Marriage 101

18. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Grand Pooh-Bah (3,248) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Trader

You must be a fraud. All of the married men I know would have said: Whats hers is hers and whats mine is hers. Marriage 101

:wink:

19. mythaeus

mythaeus Pooh-Bah (2,050) Jul 22, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Trader

SdF is my all-time favorite saison. I was able to get a few for what I considered to be fair trades earlier on (B2). Around the same time, I got some other SP (Pulling Nails B1, du Ble, Blanc, Fuzzy). While I wasn't let down by the harder to get Blanc and Fuzzy, I thought they were just excellent beers, but nothing mind blowing like SdF.

Still, I'd like to try more SP, but I've been completely turned off by what STL traders are expecting to get for every new release and what people are willing to give up for them. I basically put a full stop on trying to trade for any SP. While I understand the idea of supply and demand, I'm just too worn out from seeing the rarity chases, or maybe there are just so many other beers that I'm equally excited about, with beers that I find to be on par with or more memorable, that I can trade for much more easily like Rare Barrel fruited sours.

Angelshare , I'm happy to see you're hanging in here, responding, AND taking advices from others, specifically with regard to removing the "sales pitch". I hope you get your trades done, work on building good long term relationships with traders and don't burn them down the road just because you see wild offers from newcomers and expect your long-term partners to do the same... I'm not saying that's what happened to me, twice, at all :wink:

sfr26, kmello69, gmo_vr626 and 4 others like this.
  20. Greenplastic615

Greenplastic615 Savant (1,068) Nov 4, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I completely retract my statement. Had FdF yesterday. Shiiiiiiiit.

joecool0909 and Angelshare like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.