1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Secret Santa: Hints & Hauls plus Dear Santa letters

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Cuzco, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cuzco

Cuzco Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2008 New York
    Trader

There are at least 2 or 3 boxes already on their way! This BIF has the makings of being EPIC.

2. fortsambo

fortsambo Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2011 Colorado

As did mine! I can now hit 4 of my target's wants. Hopefully this encourages everyone to keep updating!

3. Mista

Mista Initiate (0) Nov 10, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

So far there has been 202 messages in this thread and i do not believe my target has posted their dear santa letter yet. Their wants lists also looks like it needs to be touched up a bit, maybe take those cob webs off and clean it up a little.....

4. cfh64

cfh64 Pooh-Bah (1,996) Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Trader

I hope my target starts to particpate more, I don't want Santa to think he's been a bad boy <------hint, hint?

5. xraided81

xraided81 Initiate (0) Jan 9, 2008 California
    Trader

I am going to pick up a sour want for my target today at the brewery, hint I don't live in the state I am visiting this weekend, and my target added this want within the last 30 days

6. runner440

runner440 Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Maryland

HINT!! - My target updated his wants in the past 3 days and now I am unpacking my box to make room for more! :grinning:

Also, I will be shipping out Monday. Hope someone with a beer related avatar is getting ready for this one!

7. nlmartin

nlmartin Pooh-Bah (1,629) Jul 26, 2005 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah

To Santa

I am a bit late to the game this year. I may look like a hard target. Nothing could be further from the truth. I enjoy almost any style of beer. Glassware and Tshirts are great. T shirt size is a xxx. Yes I need to put the beer and chezburgers down and walk around the block about 40 times. :slight_smile:

A note to my target. I have your chimney firmly in my sites. I have several great beers already being pulled from my cellar. Several bottles from Ohio are actually on your wants list. To put it mildly I hope you have been a good boy as I will not be shipping any coal.

8. Beerandboards

Beerandboards Initiate (0) Nov 6, 2012 New Mexico

Last hint - my target's box will start a journey of +1,700 miles on Monday. It contains red wax, black wax, corks, cages, 16oz cans, and various other things...

Edit : boxes

9. runner440

Box has been repacked now with 9 Wants for my target including many BA goodies. Getting close to the 300 oz mark too. Hmmm how much more can I fit? I wonder if my target knows who he is yet?

10. Blargimus

Blargimus Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2012 Colorado

You would think if you took some Elderly Hoodlums and crammed them into a barrel, they would not be pleased. Turns out, they just turn delicious, as my target will find out.

The flag of my target's state has text on it. The text says nothing about beer.

11. Penguin3200

Penguin3200 Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2008 Minnesota

Still o letter from Santa from my target, but will be hitting a number of wants. Visited my target's state in October, and plan another trip next year.

Sure hope they haven't forgot Santa, and leave some cookies on the mantle.

12. fortsambo

fortsambo Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2011 Colorado

Just hit the 300 oz mark with my target's box.

13. jodan

jodan Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2008 California

My target has a # in their BA name. I've got a little work to do, so it'll be next Monday before I send.

14. davesway10

davesway10 Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2010 Iowa

Waiting on a certain stormy brew to arrive next week and should be able to ship out the following Monday. My target lives in a city that has teams in all professional sports, the ones that count anyway. He should really consider adding to his wants list, its limited to say the least.

15. runner440

Since I am shipping tomorrow this will probably be my last hint! My target lives in a state where beer flows like wine and women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. Cheers!

16. TWStandley

TWStandley Pooh-Bah (2,092) Jan 15, 2008 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Will likely be shipping sometime mid-week - waiting for a few goodies first.

A certain "strange" bird from FAAAAR east will be joining the other beers in the box as they make their way to a rather wet state (not necessarily weather-wise).

17. freehafe

freehafe Initiate (0) Nov 26, 2010 Michigan

I've been too busy beer shopping and not very good at posting hints, so I'll give two.

My box(es) will be shipping out west to a person who joined BA after me.

18. TWStandley

TWStandley Pooh-Bah (2,092) Jan 15, 2008 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Let's get those hints going guys/gals!

Hint: (Sum of the years that the first five presidents took office) + (ABV of Black Tuesday) + (968.8).

19. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2009 Minnesota
    Trader

Huh?

Ok her is my hint...I think

The worst year in baseball history (no need for the 19 in front of the year) minus the amount of beer I drank today, not ounces, just bottles.

20. Crabbicuss

Crabbicuss Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2011 Maryland

Hints, Hints, FINALLY HINTS!!!
    My target is a little less than 900 miles from me and has been on BA one year less than me.
    *They joined in the same month
    The "boxes" are coming together nicely and I currently have 9 wants in hand including several 3F goodies.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.