Seattle Feb 1st-5th, looking for Fremont B-bomb & other interesting things!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by queens1130, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queens1130

queens1130 Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2008 California

Hi everyone! I'm going to be heading to Seattle to spend time with good friends & meet my new nephew. Being that the baby isn't even a year old I won't have much time to spend at a brewery or brewpub, though I can always drive by a bottle shop & do a quick bit of shopping right?

We'll be coming in to SEA-TAC, staying in Kent, & venturing out to Seattle downtown. Anyone know where I can pick up a couple bottle of Fremont Bourbon Abominable or of anything that I should bring back to CA? I'm interested in Upright Fantasia but I think that was a brewery release in OR only. Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thanks! :slight_smile:

2. Orca

Orca Grand Pooh-Bah (4,441) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

I've seen Bourbon Abominable around, you might get lucky w/ U Village QFC or Beer Junction in West Seattle, possibly (?) Whole Foods Roosevelt. You could email Morgan @ Beer Junction right before you arrive, he tends to respond pretty promptly with inventory inquiries. Whole Foods will answer phone calls too. Enjoy your stay!

EDIT: Also check out 99 Bottles in Federal Way. Best bottle shop down near Kent/Sea-Tac.

queens1130 likes this.
  3. slinkie

slinkie Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2011 Washington

If you're sticking to downtown, DeLaurenti might be your best bet.

queens1130 likes this.
  4. Mages64

Mages64 Initiate (0) Sep 7, 2009 Washington

Whole Foods westlake and recently Downtown Spirits has a pretty nice selection!

queens1130 and slinkie like this.
  5. slinkie

Ryan from WF moved over to Downtown Spirits. :slight_smile:

queens1130 likes this.
  6. queens1130

We may venture out further, mostly depends on how fussy my nephew will get, I know we have an aquarium trip in store for him hehe. All of these sound like great tips, please do keep them coming! Also, any suggestions for non-CA distro delights to bring back would help, gotta spread the WA love!

(Side note: My avatar is pure homage to all that is Norm's near Everett)

7. Orca

Orca Grand Pooh-Bah (4,441) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

For more responses you'll need to promise to bring us some Pliny.

queens1130 and BBThunderbolt like this.
  8. grogstah

grogstah Initiate (0) Oct 27, 2010 Washington

I've seen B-Bomb within the last week at Pear Deli and DeLaurenti (both basically Pike Place Market) and Wine World (visible off I-5 - 45thSt Exit).

9. slinkie

Fremont's tasting room is kid friendly. :slight_smile:

10. queens1130

Haha I did notice that RR pulled out. My cash flow is very low and schedule limited due to baby time but I would love to help a few BAs get some Pliny. The latest batch dropped (bottled 1/4/13) at stores near me, if any WA BAs have a hankering and think they can roll with my nephew's schedule I'd be happy to help out, just shoot me a BM :slight_smile:

That may be but his mother isn't really beer-centric like me LOL

11. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck Initiate (0) Jun 23, 2009 Washington

Do you have a Cable Car?

:wink:

12. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2010 Washington

This answer my "where did Ryan go" question. Thanks.

13. queens1130

Only the NorCal BAs get so lucky. Us SoCal kids have the Toronado without the "bottle to go" license #beernerdproblems :grinning:

14. distantmantra

distantmantra Pooh-Bah (2,954) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Trader

If you end up getting stuck in Kent for prolonged amounts of time and don't get to Seattle, I can probably bring you a bottle of Bourbon Abominable. I live in Seattle, but work in Auburn and could meet up with you.

15. ijaap

ijaap Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2013 Washington

I could probably do the same. I've got a few bottles of the B Bomb in my cellar

16. WhiteJordan

WhiteJordan Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2012 Washington

If you like sours you should try to pick up some Cascade.

queens1130 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.