1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Sandy Hook Elementary LIF

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by cfh64, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfh64

cfh64 Pooh-Bah (1,996) Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Trader

There were actually 3 different "sets" given as rewards for donating. For every $10 donated you got one ticket. I had bought 2 tickets when I arrived and 2 more tickets when they did a 4 minute last call. I ended up winning with the last two tickets I bought in the final 4 minutes. Granted, there were very few people that donated but I'm happy. I hope the bats flourish and wipe out mesquitos and West Nile. Go bats!

2. zekeman17

zekeman17 Pooh-Bah (2,048) Feb 14, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Donated and e-mailed last night.
    Congrats on the basket o beer

3. texasdrugaddict

texasdrugaddict Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2012 New Mexico

You are a good man Cfh64.

Donated and email sent.

4. roseym1331

roseym1331 Initiate (0) Dec 30, 2010 Pennsylvania

donated and email sent, thanks for setting this up. Happy Holidays

5. cfh64

Pooh-Bah Trader

I'll try to give some sort of daily update just to keep everyone informed. Yesterday there were 5 donations for a total of $190. Keep it up guys/gals and pass on the word :slight_smile:

6. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2012 Illinois

Thanks for doing this, Brad! Email and donation sent.

7. mathematizer

mathematizer Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2006 Maine

Thanks, cfh64!

BM and donation sent.

8. Drew26

Drew26 Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2012 Wisconsin

donated and emailed you info. Thanks again for organizing this!!!

9. wscaffe

wscaffe Initiate (0) May 6, 2011 Florida

Donation and BM sent. I really appreciate what you are doing here. A lot of people turn a blind eye to these types of tragedies when they are not directly impacted. These families need all the support they can get right now, whether it be financial or emotional. Although no amount of money can completely restore a sense of normalcy to the people affected by the Sandy Hook tragedy, I hope they can find solace in the fact that our hearts are with them during these troubled times.

Keep the donations coming!

Cheers,
    Prescott

10. mholland

mholland Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2012 Connecticut

Donated and message sent. Thanks for putting this together Brad.

Matt

11. cfh64

Pooh-Bah Trader

Update! Yesterday there were a total of 6 more donations for a total of $180. As of now, there are a total of 74 donations from different BA's. I hope everyone enjoys their holidays. Stay safe and keep the donations coming :slight_smile:

Edit: Everyone who has donated should had received a confirmation from me. If you have not, please contact me. Thanks!

12. libbey

libbey Initiate (0) May 18, 2008 British Indian Ocean Territory
    Deactivated

Brad will you be leaving this LIF up after the 1st?

13. ASUBeer

ASUBeer Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2011 North Carolina

So kind of Brad and everyone donating and offering beers to do this.

14. cfh64

Pooh-Bah Trader

Sure will, it's open until Jan 10th. I wanted to give everyone plenty of time, including myself, during the holidays. I may talk to the bros and see if I can create a new thread with all the boxes listed on the first page.

15. libbey

libbey Initiate (0) May 18, 2008 British Indian Ocean Territory
    Deactivated

Perfect I'll be in touch after the New Year.

16. cfh64

Pooh-Bah Trader

17. lucas1801

lucas1801 Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Massachusetts

I will be making a donation when I get home this weekend, awesome LIF! And a great show of generosity by all!

18. NABS

NABS Initiate (0) May 11, 2011 Ohio

Donation made.

Thanks to cfh64 for his generosity and to all the other BA members who have stepped forth to ensure that more than two donors will be rewarded for their charity.

19. YaKnowBrady

YaKnowBrady Pundit (809) Jul 23, 2010 New Jersey

Just bumping the list of boxes going out onto the new page, maybe will stir up some more donations.

20. JM03

JM03 Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2010 Ohio

Donation made. Cheers to cfh64 for organizing this and to everyone who has donated. I know my small donation cannot ease the pain these families are suffering this holiday season, but I'm happy to do anything that I can to try to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.