sample glasses

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by UncleCosmo, Oct 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UncleCosmo

UncleCosmo Initiate (0) May 30, 2012 New Jersey

Looking for suggestions on sampling glassware to enjoy beers with friends and family. I know a few breweries I have been to have 4 oz flights. Is this a good size sample if so where is the best place to purchase a set?

2. mikehartigan

mikehartigan Maven (1,397) Apr 9, 2007 Illinois

I use 6 oz 'Old Fashioned' glasses for sampling. I wanted a wider mouth than the more popular tasting glasses because I think it's better for the few seconds of aroma. They also stack nicely, which saves space behind the bar.
    Something like this:
    [​IMG]

3. mindtrip2012

mindtrip2012 Devotee (368) Sep 25, 2014 North Dakota
    Trader

4. ryane

ryane Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2007 Washington

Now that I have 8 taps I kinda prefer to have a flight instead of a pint, so I really need a flight set, anybody got a link to a good set of nice tasting (mini) glasses?

I dont need a paddle I'll handle that myself

inchrisin likes this.
  5. CADETS3

CADETS3 Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2014 Texas

http://www.amazon.com/Samuel-Adams-...47308658&sr=8-32&keywords=beer+flight+glasses

I had a set of those from when I went to Boston and had a tour at the brewery and a few tastes of beers "that no one has had before" in those glasses. I no longer have these since my drunk father-in-law broke them one day when we were brewing. Needless to say, we were both pretty toasted but I was still pretty furious that he broke them. I loved them.

6. inchrisin

inchrisin Pooh-Bah (2,013) Sep 25, 2008 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah

I'd do an amazon and ebay search. If you just bought 8 taps, you might need to find something with free shipping. :slight_smile:

7. psnydez86

psnydez86 Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2012 Pennsylvania

I find nice little 12 oz snifters occasionally at Ross. 4 glasses for 8-12 dollars. Filled up with 6 oz of beer is a great way to enjoy a little nip.

8. PortLargo

PortLargo Pooh-Bah (1,737) Oct 19, 2012 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society

Probably not what you're thinking about, but have you considered your local thrift shop? I regularly get some mighty nice glasses for about 50¢ . . . a good negotiator might get 'em down to a quarter. I find the stemmed glasses, somewhere around 6 ounces, work well for beer tastings. One man's trash is another man's treasure . . .

inchrisin likes this.
  9. MCBanjoMike

MCBanjoMike Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2014 Canada (QC)

I got a dozen of these 5.5 oz mini-snifters, which I think are good for flights. You can pour 4 oz of beer and still have room for the head, they look good and you can get a dozen for a reasonable price. Only downside is that they don't stack, so they take up more room than some tasters you can get.

10. CADETS3

CADETS3 Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2014 Texas

I like those a lot. They are nice.

11. Toppdogg163

Toppdogg163 Initiate (0) Mar 23, 2015 Michigan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.