Ranger Creek Releases First Beer Aged in Their Own Bourbon Barrels as Small Batch Series No. 4

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Todd, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BruceBruce

BruceBruce Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2011 Texas

did you try it, I thought it was just okay

2. Jenray

Jenray Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2007 Texas

Nope - still in the fridge......

3. BruceBruce

I will grab a few more after reading all of these post, but to me it was very BB1 had some good qualities but not worth the $

4. Ford

Ford Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2012 Texas

Ah.. if you don't love it.. then don't worry about grabbing more.. just spend that money on something you'll love or something you haven't tried yet.

Jenray likes this.
  5. BruceBruce

Yeah but all of the 16 is gone might as well buy up all of the stuff you guys love :wink:

Ford likes this.
  6. Ford

I don't know if I love it... haven't tried it yet.. but hope to soon.

I did like BB1 quite a bit... so if they are similar then good times for me...

7. BruceBruce

When I say BB1 I mean that there are parts of it that are amazing, BB1 had the perfect nose, was a bit thin but still really good, SB4 did the same for me, had some attributes that were brilliant, others were left to be fixed for next time. BB1 was solid for the first release, cant wait to see what else comes out of that room for sure....

Ford likes this.
  8. Lutter

Lutter Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2010 Texas
    Deactivated

Plenty of 4 around Austin... if any Houston folk are planning to come to Austin in the near future and want me to hold some for them, just let me know.

ISO: Karbach :wink:

9. gtermi

gtermi Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2010 Texas

Had this tonight and it was really good. Really easy to drink

10. Texas_Speed

Texas_Speed Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2012 Texas

Hopefully this will stick around Houston through the weekend. I just need a couple more days.

11. gtermi

gtermi Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2010 Texas

Got 2 bottles of 4 yesterday from kings.

12. greenspointexas

greenspointexas Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2011 Texas

Specs Midtown has 15 cases and Brandon over at D&Q still has 5 cases left... and its been out for 10 days, so I doubt its going anywhere. Also available at Specs Sugarland. Only 3 places in Houston that got it.

13. Texas_Speed

Texas_Speed Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2012 Texas

Thanks for the information. I will definitely be hitting up Spec's Midtown or D&Q this weekend.

14. squirrely2005

squirrely2005 Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2011 Texas

Oh okay. I can't imagine it's gone but the way everybody was talking it seemed like it was already gone. I'd like to find another SB 1 but I honestly can't remember how it tasted. haha

15. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2012 Texas

About 5-6 of these left at FW Kings. $7.99 is kinda steep but I nabbed 3

16. Ford

I'm going to get one or two tomorrow hopefully.

Wish it would hit somewhere in the Clear Lake area..

17. Lutter

Deactivated

I chilled mine before I left for work tonight... gonna try it this morning when I get home. Will report back.

18. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2012 Texas

Drank one last night. Barrel is subtle...tempers the smoke of the base beer in a good way. I recommend getting a bottle of the base beer to try as a side by side (I will be sending that combo out as extras in my next few boxes)

19. Lutter

Deactivated

I really got a lot of the smoke in both the smell and the aftertaste in my bottle. Carbonation was perfect on it (~2 fingers). Bourbon was definitely on the nose and the front of the tongue.

Very complex and delicious beer. Loved it. Bought the shirt. (alright, there is no shirt)

20. bentwookie

bentwookie Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2008 Texas

Anyone seen this up north (Round Rock area) recently? I need to get one for a trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.