Quick Boneyard update, including Suge Knite info.

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by John_M, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John_M

John_M Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,275) Oct 25, 2003 Washington
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Was at E9 the other night, and noticed they had the Suge Knite back on tap there (along with the Black 13, backbone and hop venom). Hadn't seen any SK in some months, and as it appeared there were some Boneyard folks having a few brews at E9 (turns out they work for the distributor), I chatted them up a bit.

According to what I was told, only 6 kegs of SK came into Washington, with 4 going to accounts in Seattle. (Didn't catch where the other one went to). Anyway, I'm assuming it's still available at the E9 (they were serving it in 10.5 ounce tulips), for anyone in the Seatac area interested in trying it while it lasts. Cheers!

libbey likes this.
  2. Phobicsquirrel

Phobicsquirrel Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2013 Oregon

beer mongers had suge knite on tap before xmas, really thought it was a good beer.

3. kscaldef

kscaldef Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2010 Oregon

Mongers had bourbon barrel suge knite. Distinct from regular suge knite. Both are good, though

4. Phobicsquirrel

Phobicsquirrel Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2013 Oregon

ah, well now I have to try the regular one .... darn.

5. John_M

Was that a "one off?" Would love to try the bourbon barrel version, but I've never even heard of it, let alone ever seen it on tap anywhere. Sounds like it would be pretty incredible.

6. mv945

mv945 Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2011 Washington

Had BB Suge Knite at Bigwood earlier this month. Loved it.

7. kscaldef

It's not a one-off. I've had it 3 or 4 times at different places over the past year. (Actually, come to think of it, it's possible I've had it more times than I've had regular Suge Knite.)

flexabull likes this.
  8. flexabull

flexabull Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2006 California

I've only had Suge once, and it was the BA version.

9. John_M

I'm surprised it's so prevalent (the BB version). It hasn't yet been added to the data base, which is why I just assumed it must be pretty uncommon/limited.

10. kscaldef

No one reviews in the northwest. And, I think a lot of people don't realize you can now add a beer without writing a review.

11. sharpski

sharpski Pooh-Bah (2,806) Oct 11, 2010 Canada (BC)
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I don't know if they've put it into barrels more than once, but the most recent BA Suge Knite keg at the brewery was in the barrel 2+ years, pulled from the first batch of Suge Knite. Don't know how many kegs were produced, but if they're still riding that first batch it must have been fairly sizable.

12. TheeWalrusHunter

TheeWalrusHunter Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2013 Oregon

I had BB Suge Knite last year around this time at the Stout Festival at Ft George. Super bourbon heavy - a little too much for me.

13. Smurf2055

Smurf2055 Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2011 Washington

I thought Bourbon Suge Knite was pretty lackluster when I tried it at Bigwood

14. m4ttj0nes

m4ttj0nes Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2012 Oregon
    Trader

I prefer fresh suge to the bb version.

Smurf2055 and sharpski like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.