Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by TWStandley, Feb 22, 2012.
200 pages and still going strong. This is the most badass thread ever.
The Christmas Haul... between gifts for myself, my brother, and just being unable to stop making regular purchases. Think we like WnB a bit?
Between Seattle, Vancouver, and Victoria, I came away with a nice little haul of west coast goodies (plus a Cantillon as the cherry on top):
Obviously would have loved to get more but this put my checked bag at exactly 50lbs (with a suit bag and some shoes inside as well).
$9.99/bottle = total no-brainer.
Really strong oak note to it, and very very good. If you are a Jai Alai fan, the white oak is a must try IMO.
Berkshire Russian Imperial Stout was surprisingly good.
Picked up 3 in some supermarket on my way through Mass. this summer.
Cant' really figure out how to add a picture, but just grabbed the following
x1Victory Oak Horizontal
X1 GI Night Stalker
X1 Lost Abbey Deliverance 2011 Vintage
X1 Fifty/Fifty Eclipse Bernheim Wheat Whiskey Edition
X2 Brooklyn Black OPS (2009 and 2011)
X1 Trappistes Rochefort 10
Pretty happy with what I got my hands on this week!
Thanks to all that hooked a brother up!
Doesn't include the cases of Zombie or expedition! Love the Midwest!
Wouldn't want to sit on those DIPAs very long.....
Some Surly from my non-BA friend in Minnesota arrived this morning. Dude hooked it up
^^^^^^ I'll drink those Pliny right now!
Better, as they fade rather quickly in pure freshness. Many say 4 months. I totally disagree with Pliny. More like 4 weeks.
SC shelf turds
$9.99? I'm guessing that has to be from Total Wine? Every time I go in there I'm like:
Super duper trade with JohnfromPurdue. Can't wait to pop one of these BBMonsters.
First BA trade courtesy of PaulUH. Thanks!
Order from Wine and Cheese Place. Not pictured BA Rasputin XV and StillWater Debauched - Brunello Barrel Aged.
This is my Florida haul from 1 store (Davie Discount Liquors), 4 trades, and 1 generous friend:
Top, from left to right:
- 3x 4-packs of Terrapin Wake n' Bake (2x 4-packs headed to Swiderek202 for some BCBS)
- Mississippi Mud (gift from my sister; I appreciate the effort, at least! )
- 1x 4-pack of Cigar City White Oak Jai Alai
- 3x Bruery Tart of Darkness. Got these for $10.99 a bottle, so I couldn't resist!
- Cigar City Bourbon Big Sound. Thanks, nulledge!! Jon also hooked me up with a pour of Spiked Wake n' Bake at Kickbacks -- what a cool beer and cool guy!
- Cigar City Bolita Double Brown and Cigar City Winter Warmer
- Cigar City Moat Water. Thanks dolfan54fl!! Jeff extra'd me a Surly Furious, too, but that didn't last.
Bottom, from left to right (ish):
- St. Bernardus Abt 12 (last 2 from a 4-pack. I get this is NC, but it's $3-$4/4-pack less in FL)
- 1x Hair of the Dog Fred, 4x Hair of the Dog Adam. Thanks, eatabagofbooger!!! Kevin actually gave me 5 Adams, but I gave 1 to a friend who's never tried it. He also gave me that beautiful HoTD Tulip.
- RareR DOS 500ml growler. Many thanks to voxomkid!!!!!!! I missed the release for a family event, but Ruy came through for me!!! (He's the generous friend referenced above, but all of these BAs are generous and awesome!)
- Westy XII. Thanks to SilentUproar, a great new BA!! This guy hooked me up with a Westy and the Cigar City Sugar Plum on the end. (I've shared a couple of those already, as well.)
- And finally, a Cigar City Maduro and Tocobaga. I had 2 of each, but only 1 survived!
I can't wait to dig in!!!
I wish I had a Total Wine around my area...
Alot different big woody flavor
2 post-Christmas shopping trips and a trade box that showed up from Meghan in VA:
Cheap 32oz growler!
I typically opt to drive to Detroit to buy beer, but just happened to be downtown Toronto for a couple days and hit the lcbo and grabbed these. Interested in the Cuvee and Tempest. Both wax tipped. Definitely setting themselves up there. The others: Lava, heard good things; Mokah I already LOVE; and the other two were minor gambles. Expectations reserved.
A couple others recently obtained. The CEO Stout by Right Brain I'm super happy to have. The Roasted Chesnut Brown Ale from my local brewery, Walkerville, is its second seasonal this year and the first they have put in non-growlers for pickup.
Today's pickup. Missed out on the Winter Solstice and the BB released in bottles. Not a bad consolation. Had some BB4D at the bar before I left. Incredible. Hope the regular 4D is half as good but I bet its pretty close to AS good.
Truly a haul
2x Ma Mere Speciale (De Leite)
2x La Vertus Ose (Millevertus)
2x La Mac Vertus (Millevertus)
2x La Saxy Chili (Millevertus)
2x La Douce Vertus (Millevertus)
2x Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel (De Halve Maan)
2x Embrasse (De Dochter van de Korenaar)
2x Bravoure (De Dochter van de Korenaar)
2x Kempisch Vuur Haverstout (Pirlot)
2x Gran Cru Bruocsella (Cantillon)
2x Black Mamba (Sainte-Hélène)
2x Lily Blue (Sainte-Hélène)
2x Gypsy Rose (Sainte-Hélène)
2x La Grognarde (Sainte-Hélène)
1x Mistinguett (Sainte-Hélène)
1x Brew n°4 Armagnac (Hof Ten Dormaal)
1x L'ensemble (De Dochter van de Korenaar)
2x Charbon (De Dochter van de Korenaar)
1x L'enfant Terrible (De Dochter van de Korenaar)
1x Peated Oak Aged Embrasse (De Dochter van de Korenaar)
Scores of the generous december month
Left to right:
Jack D'or x1
Victory at Seas x1
2012 abyss x1
Chimay gift set
2008 De Dolle Stille Nacht x1
2010 Stille Nacht Reserva x1
2012 Parabola x1
New England IST x6
2008 Oerbier reserva
Fantome saison x3
2012 MOAS x4
2008 Pennepot reserva x1
2009 Pennepot reserva x1
Sorry for long post, very excited, best beer month by a mile for me
Hey jewcandy81...I'm in NorCal and would be honored to have you at the next one
I got $5.25 for turning in all my bottles today.
Not a beer haul per say but it will be used in beer soon enough.
and some vanilla bean.
A good run to hill farmstead that should keep us happy until we need more. Will time that right with a ski trip to Stowe come February.
Growlers are double galaxy, Susan, and earl. Such a great brewery.
From quite a generous BA!
Separate names with a comma.