Pliny The Younger Sightings - Outside of Russian River

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by BlakeSmith, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlakeSmith

BlakeSmith Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2012 California

So I thought it might be helpful to make a thread where folks could list where/or when venues in their area are tapping and serving PTY (Could be helpful for those who don't know where to get it).

Ex. (Establishment - When - How Much $)

Cheers all, hope this helps.

2. 01Ryan10

01Ryan10 Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2011 California

I don't see this thread growing in posts much. haha

BTW, the pour I got last year was at Hollingshead. 10oz, keep the glass, $15. :rolling_eyes:

3. MacNCheese

MacNCheese Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2011 California

Moondoggies in PB is getting 5 1/2bbl kegs. But it's on a secret tap, $5 for 16oz...the keyword is "Nice tits"

godrinkbeer671, sdpaul, jamex and 5 others like this.
  4. blguillen

blguillen Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2011 California

I had mine at Haven. Don't remember how much it was, just that there was an optional RR flight.

5. 01Ryan10

01Ryan10 Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2011 California

Haha...Walk up to lovely bartender..."Can i have some nice tits please?"

*smack*

6. TheHooch

TheHooch Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2012 California

7. MacNCheese

MacNCheese Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2011 California

True North on 30th St (the epicenter for all beery things) will have it pouring Feb 7th, starting at 8pm. There might be a line as it's usually busy so jump in. However, you must bring your RR tulip to prove your worthyness. 10oz, $10 (it is True North, after all). No tulip, no Younger. Bonus: you won't be charged a cover regardless of what the Doorman says. Bring ID as usual.

8. jtmartino

jtmartino Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2010 California

I think Younger is great, but I'm much more interested to see if Lagunitas is bringing back SF Fusion. Far better than Younger IMO, and I tried them side-by-side on 3 separate occasions during Beer Week.

FWIW Younger hits a ton of places in SF. At least half of the "craft beer bars" will carry it at one point or another. I haven't done any searching, but Facebook and the SF Beer Week events page will be your friends.

I also know Platypus Pub in Bend, OR got some last year, but they didn't tap it until March (fools!) I assume BTBS will have some this year too up there.

afrokaze likes this.
  9. BlakeSmith

First St. Alehouse, Livermore - Feb 9th

10. hophead247

hophead247 Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2008 California

....at 9am

11. LegalBrew87

LegalBrew87 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2012 California

SF Fusion is one of the best beers I've ever had.

afrokaze and jtmartino like this.
  12. dcgunman

dcgunman Pooh-Bah (2,608) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Citra before Younger. . . . .
    . . . . .but Younger for sure. Hope to be there on Tuesday.

13. BlakeSmith

I saw on Facebook it was 9 AM, but also heard 10 AM. I didn't want to put a time, cause I wasn't too sure.

14. BlakeSmith

I figured this way it would be better than a bunch of new threads saying ''ZOMG I'm in the Bay Area for work where can I find the Younger, etc."
    Anyway we'll see how it goes.

heesu likes this.
  15. stupac2

stupac2 Pooh-Bah (2,031) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

Don't they make one every year, but the recipe changes? Or, at the very least, they make one hell of a lot beers named "Fusion".

16. Xul

Xul Pooh-Bah (2,115) May 18, 2008 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I think his point was that when people find out that it's going to be tapped, they don't post about it because they actually want to get some, not have every beer geek in a 30 mile radius mob the place.

17. jtmartino

jtmartino Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2010 California

Yeah they make a new Fusion beer every couple of months, it seems. They had a Fusion in bottles recently that was a pale (Fillmore Fusion). I've also had a couple different Fusions at the brewery itself. I don't really expect to see SF Fusion again, but if I did I would be very happy.

FWIW SF Fusion is on par Waldo's. Both two of the best IPAs I've ever had. Fusion just has more of a tropical note from the use of some unnamed hop strain owned by the guys who own Simcoe.

18. stupac2

stupac2 Pooh-Bah (2,031) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

According to Untappd there's been a 2011 and 2012 SF Fusion, so maybe it'll be back. Then again I checked into 2011 during 2012 beer week, so who knows?

afrokaze and jtmartino like this.
  19. hophead247

hophead247 Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2008 California

It's 9...unless they changed it. Last year it was 9, and they blew through their first keg of it in 38 minutes. The next 2 lasted a while longer.

I'll be there for the breakfast buffet before I head over to pour at the IIPA Fest.

20. BlakeSmith

I was thinking the same. The bro and I gotta eat before we head out, might not be a bad idea. What time would you think to be there around?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.