Pittsburgh questions

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by brentk56, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brentk56

brentk56 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,013) May 13, 2004 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Coming to Pittsburgh soon and am curious where I might find some of the brews from Draai Laag and Lavery. Are they widely available in the usual beer geek bottle shops?

2. dtx00

dtx00 Savant (1,054) Oct 21, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Lavery is pretty widely available at most bottle shops, Draai Laag not so much. Only place Ive seen bottles of Draai Laag is at House of 1k beers. I assume that you can find it in other places, but it is definetly not everywhere

3. uvm2003

uvm2003 Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I'm pretty sure the Draai Laag website lists the shops that carry their brew - you may also swing by the brewery on Friday night for growlers/bottles. The brewery sends out tweets and posts on facebook when they have available beer on Friday.

dtx00 is right, ho1kb does have both Aureas and Simon Girty at the moment.

4. Myst

Myst Pundit (807) Dec 13, 2011 Maryland

Last I checked in Pitts, they don't sell 6packs and most liquor stores, if any, inside Pitts. You got to get cases at the places that sell beer. Or go to a bar that sells them.

5. CrazyMacHarris99

CrazyMacHarris99 Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2008 Pennsylvania

Myst, when was the last time you were in Pittsburgh, 1995? There are dozens of places you can buy 6 packs in the Burgh including a bunch of Giant Eagles. You can still go to a distributor for cases but that is no longer the norm.

Deuane likes this.
  6. HumphreyLee

HumphreyLee Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2011 Pennsylvania

I've seen Aureas sold at 1 For The Road in Wexford and in the coolers at Bocktown. Those places have pretty good selections but borderline iffy pricing. The Giant Eagle Market Districts are doing pretty good about having craft, particularly the one out in Robinson. And then there's House of 1000 Beers in New Kensington, Fatheads and their upstairs bottle shop in the South Side, and D's out in Monroeville. Those six locations are probably your best bet for beer in and around the city.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.