Parabola Sightings

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by radium, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radium

radium Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2010 California

Getting this thread started - it's Parabola hunting season.

I haven't seen it anywhere yet, but Hacienda in Brea said they'll be getting it soon. One bottle limit.

El_Chupahueso likes this.
  2. pmarlowe

pmarlowe Pooh-Bah (1,899) Nov 27, 2010 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah

We should split threads by NorCal/SoCal.

blguillen likes this.
  3. kaseydad

kaseydad Pooh-Bah (1,900) Nov 23, 2008 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Agreed....though Norcal may be in trouble. Bought the last 2013 Sacuba on the shelf and was told by an employee that Sacuba was a great beer and that the Parabola release was on May 1st. I mentioned I thought the release was on April 15th.

"Nope, it's May 1st".

Uh-oh.

Note to self.......figure out the delivery schedule for Walnut Creek Bevmo.

4. grrrah

grrrah Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2009 California

Plenty of Sucaba all over the bay area. Do you guys know if the Paso brewery runs out?

5. hophead247

hophead247 Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2008 California

Caps & Taps in Dublin will be getting 12 cases, along with 2 kegs when it's released.

No limits.

6. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (1,050) Mar 13, 2009 California
    Trader

SoCal usually won't see bottles until 2-3 weeks after the brewery release.

7. imyourhero21

imyourhero21 Maven (1,354) Oct 9, 2011 California
    Trader

I know when i went up to barrelworks last month they were still selling 2012 Parabola albeit for 35 dollars . Heres a picture of the prices
    [​IMG]

8. Rau71

Rau71 Initiate (0) Dec 12, 2011 California

No, for the most part they will keep it stocked until the next box release, then through out the year they will randomly put bottles on the shelf.

9. MLucky

MLucky Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2010 California

Your guy might know what he's talking about, but... I can't tell you how many times my local bottle shop guys have told me things like that that were completely false. One of my pet peeves, actually. It seems like it shouldn't be that hard to put out accurate info on something like a beer roll out.

10. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013 California

yeah, I don't really see it showing up on SoCal shelves till two weeks or so from now. Last year I kept hitting up WF's and found nothing, except one went in the back and gave me the previous year's bottle for $14.99. That was a nice day.

11. rboinski

rboinski Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2012 California

There was an empty spot with a price tag labeled Parabola at my local grocery store yesterday. Didnt ask anyone about it but they have atleast printed a pricetag and left an empty spot

12. imyourhero21

Trader

Was that store windmill farms?

13. mmikey8

mmikey8 Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2012 California

Total wine in OC say they'll be getting it towards the end of the month. This is torture!

PKPUNCH likes this.
  14. rboinski

rboinski Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2012 California

Nope, Oliver's in Cotati

15. luisc123

luisc123 Initiate (0) Oct 20, 2011 California

I'm being so annoying. Calling like 7 different stores every other day. Still nothing in OC

16. MetalMountainMastiff

MetalMountainMastiff Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2012 California

I was told by multiple stores That Nor Cal distribution is slow and to expect it at end of month or beginning of may. Which is odd, cause I saw Stone Stout already.

17. pinkgrenade

pinkgrenade Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2011 California

i asked if they had any, and they brought some out so i could buy it yesterday :slight_smile:

dvnbtn likes this.
  18. yoitsarch

yoitsarch Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2012 California

I just talked with a firestone rep. He said shops in socal will receive it next week.

jibboom56, dvnbtn and PKPUNCH like this.
  19. Dagsy

Dagsy Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2012 California

Whole Foods Coddingtown in Santa Rosa is having the release on Thursday the 18th, and they will be tapping a Parabola keg. Not sure if there will be a bottle limit though

20. imyourhero21

Trader

Me and my buddy bought the 5 on the shelf saturday night and went back twice more to check. Didnt ask because felt that i had scored enough with them being 2012s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.