Oslo or Stockholm for a trip

Discussion in 'Nordics' started by bkbergen, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkbergen

bkbergen Zealot (615) Jan 5, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Trader

So I found some really cheap prices fro Flights from JFK to both locations. Was wondering if you could tell me which beer scene might be better or give me suggestions of where to go. Planning on Nov 12/13 to Nov 16/17 or Early December.

2. Crusader

Crusader Pooh-Bah (1,651) Feb 4, 2011 Sweden
    Pooh-Bah Society

3. olradetbalder

olradetbalder Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2011 Sweden

I would not recomend Oliver Twist anymore. They were good 5 years ago, now they are a shadow of what they were.
    Stockholm over Oslo thoug.

If you want to drink the best beer I would actually go to Kopenhagen instead haha.

4. Beervana

Beervana Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2014 Canada (BC)

Stockholm's beer scene is without a doubt better than Oslo's, a more interesting city to visit IMO too. If you can find a cheap flight to CPH, that would be my number 1 pick though.

5. iamjo

iamjo Initiate (0) May 27, 2014 New York

+1 on the CPH suggestion.
    I'd also add Monk's and The Flying Elk to the Stockholm list.

6. simont1

simont1 Zealot (585) Apr 2, 2013 Sweden

http://www.norwegian.com/us/flight/...AgreementCodeFK=-1&CurrencyCode=USD&rnd=20640

If you want cheap flights to Copenhagen aswell. If you're sour oriented, as in very rare vintage sours Stockholm probably would be the best, also very good for stuff outside beer. Maybe Copenhagen beer scene is quite american focused though, but with a bigger range and more availability.

7. MattSweatshirt

MattSweatshirt Initiate (0) Jun 29, 2011 Texas

Copenhagen is probably best for a beer trip. Stockholm is a great city and Akkurat might be the best bar in the world.
    Don't go to Oslo. Don't buy 3Floyd IPAs at the Mikkeller bars.

sunnrider likes this.
  8. olradetbalder

Copenhagen is more than Mikkeller bar! There is a lot of really good bars in Copenhagen, but if you do like the american beers Copenhagen is way better.
    But if you want rare belgian beers....you should go to Belgium. No Really Akkurat is fantastic, I do love that place and they have a really good selection belgian beers.

9. sunnrider

sunnrider Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2013 Spain
    Trader

I recently spent a few days in Stockholm. Great beer, interesting food.Mikkeller is fun but the price of american beers is just silly, drink the locals.

Copenhagen is at another level though, best beer city in Europe, I reckon. Expensive too, but more worthwhile.

10. dipaguy

dipaguy Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2011 Florida

what is the imperial stout I believe from Sweden or Norway that is highly rated and sounds like stormtrooper but is spelled differently. Any help would be appreciated.

11. Beervana

Beervana Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2014 Canada (BC)

Kaggen! Stormaktsporter?

12. olradetbalder

Good luck getting one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.