One night in Dublin, where should I go?

Discussion in 'British Isles' started by lbour, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbour

lbour Crusader (412) Jul 17, 2011 Texas
    Trader

In from Austin, TX and finally free after 4-days of non-stop work. Flying out Friday... so have Thursday night to explore.

So, with only one night... what's the one singular craft beer bar I HAVE to have a beer at? I'm a heavy stout guy. Hmm... should rephrase that. That's my prefered beer style... not a sad description of my physique. Also like English-style Barleywines.

Any suggestions for my one night of fun?

Slainte!
    Lee

2. Darwin553

Darwin553 Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2009 Australia

Easy - The Porterhouse in Temple Bar.

Zimbo and reprob8 like this.
  3. lbour

lbour Crusader (412) Jul 17, 2011 Texas
    Trader

Thanks for the suggestions/links! Heading off to Porterhouse and beyond!

Best regards,
    Lee

4. Zimbo

Zimbo Pooh-Bah (2,281) Aug 7, 2010 Scotland
    Pooh-Bah

And once you get to the Porterhouse you don't really need until closing time. Wrasslers is a must.

5. Ruds

Ruds Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2008 England

Hmmmm.

Not been to Dublin for 3 years and I'd suggest there are venues worth seeking out above and beyond the Porterhouse.

Don't get me wrong I like the place and the beers are OK but no world beaters.

See some of the bars in the links above that will offer you a range of Irish micro's and not just from the one brewer, that's were I'd be heading, plus Porterhouse has a bar in London and their beer is available in the UK and US.

Focus not on what the majority of folks have heard of but the stuff you simply won't see outside of Eire!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.