Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine and select auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

Official FOBAB Countdown Thread

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Tnudish, Oct 17, 2012.

1. redsand22

redsand22 Savant (255) Illinois Mar 17, 2010 Verified

how often does haymarket have Claire's on... thought that was one of the best beers there
  2. FlssmrBrewAlum

FlssmrBrewAlum Savant (305) Illinois Feb 25, 2009 Verified

Clare's has only appeared on tap 3 times I seem to recall (From Haymarket I'm referring to.. it's a beer he's long made during his time at RB:Chi - A beer I believe won Best of Show at FoBAB 2006).

FoBAB 2011, Haymarket 1st Anni Party, FoBAB 2012.

Never available in anything bigger than sampler pours.

And I'm not completetly positive it was at the Anni Party.. I know Steve it to Bieber was (The Coffee treated version of Indignant as opposed to Raspberries).. but that didn't make it to this year's FoBAB..

EDIT: Yep, 2 PM tapping was Steve It and 3 PM tapping was Clare's Thirsty at the Anniversary Party.
  3. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (455) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

Haven't seen Claire's on but they have Nina's BA Quad and Angel's Envy BA (port) Stout on now. Thankfully they don't follow the ludicrous unwritten Chicago policy of not filling growlers of their BA beers, so you can take some home too.
    Dontcounttoday likes this.
  4. immobilisme

immobilisme Savant (410) Illinois Nov 8, 2005

Clare's was on tap at the Anniversary Party and you could get 4oz or 12oz pours of it.
    FlssmrBrewAlum likes this.
  5. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Advocate (560) Illinois Apr 23, 2010 Verified

They do not, however, allow you to fill up growlers other than theirs, and they do not have swing-tops. Seriously, why do none of the amazing breweries in this area refuse to carry swing-top growlers? If I am getting a BA Stout I don't want to get it in a top filled, twist on growler that will go flat in 2 days.
  6. jegross2

jegross2 Champion (750) Illinois Jan 3, 2010 Verified

That is patently false. They routinely fill up my HF 750 ML growlers. Granted, I havent asked to have one filled since Mid-August of this year
    Gonzoillini likes this.
  7. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Advocate (560) Illinois Apr 23, 2010 Verified

I thought they used to as well. I was just in this week and while I didn't have one to fill up I did ask (I wanted to bring a swing-top in to get an Indignant fill which they are incidentally not doing growler fills of at all). I was told only their growlers. It was a waitress though, so perhaps she didn't have much of a clue.