1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

No One Wants to See A BA Naked Hints/Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by biglobo8971, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2010 Minnesota

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A box from Jodan arrived unexpectedly this afternoon. He utterly slaughtered me with it, too!

Here is the haul:

64oz Growler of Beachwood Brewing's Thrillseeker IPA

Large Format Bottles:

Williamsburg Aleworks- Cafe Royale- Want!
    The Bruery/Lawson's- Acer Quercus
    Pretty Things Finest Regards- Want!
    Eagle Rock- Populist
    Hangar 24- Barrel Roll #4 Hammerhead- Want!

12oz/375s:

Victory- Old Horizontal- Want!
    Avery- Rumpkin- Want!
    DFH- 120 Minute- Want!
    Russian River- Damnation, Batch 23 (69)- Want!

(Everything that wasn't a want should have been, after looking at reviews and descriptions.)

Eagle Rock Brewery T-Shirt and Glass (a sweet snifter)

Thanks a lot, Jordan! This type of box is exactly why I am addicted to BIFs. I hope my target likes his box as much as I like mine!

2. Ungertaker

I will be opening said growler as soon as it chills! Hopefully some buddies can come over tonight, or I am going to be consuming every last drop myself.

3. sliverX

sliverX Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2007 S. Georgia & S. Sandwich Isls.

[​IMG]

Box 1 of 2 was packed up today, now just gotta figure out what that top right corner needs to be filled with. Box is almost all wants (the one that isn't is a oaked version of a want). I may drop this off Monday, the growler and shirt would be a bit behind, all depends on the shirts progress.

4. libbey

libbey Initiate (0) May 18, 2008 British Indian Ocean Territory
    Deactivated

To my target,

I just realized that I did not label the growler I sent. I will tell you it is a growler of my current favorite IPA and is only available on draft. I will give you more info once I know the box has touched down safely.

Cheers and congrats (another hint)

-Libbey

5. jodan

jodan Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2008 California

Glad it all made the trip, and hope you enjoy it!
    Apparently I was a few spots in front of ya at Dday last year, hope to cross paths this year. Actually, I hope I've gotta work at that time this year and can't make it.

6. glitchedmind

glitchedmind Initiate (0) May 8, 2012 California

the nice thing about being 6'6 is that even if my mouth digs my grave, my head is still sticking out of it. Unfortunately, that usually means I cause more trouble for myself.:astonished:

7. Ungertaker

I remember meeting you there. Were you in the darkness day mystery box BIF?

8. jodan

jodan Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2008 California

I certainly was in Biglobo's Local BIF there, I was a little tipsy by that time I think. 5AM KBS vs. Peruvian Morning tasting was the start to a long and awesome day!

9. Ungertaker

I thought so. Most of us were tipsy by that point! That was my first BIF and my first release. I had to get everything in and out of my system early, since I had to be gone by 1 o'clock.

10. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 Initiate (0) May 6, 2010 Minnesota

nice hauls so far. Keep it up, cant wait for the other boxes to land.

11. Axic10

Axic10 Maven (1,362) Mar 15, 2008 New Jersey
    Trader

Stopped by a local brew pub that opened last weekend yesterday. Sampled quite a few of their beers including one that I believe they brewed with Hill Farmstead.

The struggle will be which one of their beers to get a growler of. I think that the glassware and shirt will also be coming from the same place as well.

12. biglobo8971

if your having that big of a struggle, send me the other one. Always love trying new growlers.

13. slvrmon82

slvrmon82 Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2007 Delaware

[​IMG]

Growlers
    32 oz. Cigar City Maduro
    32 oz. Cigar City Tocobago

750 ml
    Cigar City Homefront IPA
    Cigar City 110K+OT Batch #5

12 oz
    Terrapin Moo-Hoo x2
    Terrapin WNB Stout

Cigar City Tshirt (XXXL, thought I wear a XXL)
    Cigar City coasters
    Florida glass wear

Thanks BigGene, but only 85 oz. of other beer besides growlers though, did I forget something?

cheers, Matt

14. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2010 Florida

OMG all the bitching about not posting and I left something out. Jeez, and that shirt was for my Brother. Sorry was packing 2 NBO boxes at the same time. Will be taken care of by the end of the week.

15. biglobo8971

Matt, you can go ahead and send that XXXL shirt to me.

16. WitteBanter

WitteBanter Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2011 Massachusetts

Haha- I'm sorry, but this is hilarious to me. I would've done the same thing- resented the haul not being posted & then walked away with egg on my face. It's a good lesson though, I'll make sure to double check mine before I send it out :slight_smile:

Most of all- Slvermon82, hope you had a wonderful wedding!

17. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2010 Florida

Good lesson for me too. I have learned I to just pack one box at a time. Not 2 in the same sitting. LOL.

18. glitchedmind

glitchedmind Initiate (0) May 8, 2012 California

Don't feel too horrible. I had three boxes being packed up last night side by side, I got them all sealed up and had to open two of them back up. Mixxed up a 10 bottle trade with a box of empty growlers. That would have been highly embarrassing had I not caught it. At least your target at least got some beer.

19. Ungertaker

My box did not go out today. It will, however hit the area behind the desk at FedEx office tomorrow. The growler my be changed if I find something else (since the one I am sending really wants me to drink it). I have found a number of wants, either from my cellar, or via trade.

Here is another hint for my target:

A famous (mostly hated) athlete started his overpaid career when he was drafted by a team residing in your state. He may or may not still play for them.
    Maybe another hint tomorrow...

20. libbey

libbey Initiate (0) May 18, 2008 British Indian Ocean Territory
    Deactivated

Getting warmer here. My hate for this guy runs deep.

[​IMG]

Kisses............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.