NHC check-in/info/trades/etc.

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by Agold, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agold

Agold Maven (1,251) Mar 13, 2010 Pennsylvania

NHC is starting soon!!

Heres some helpful info a guy in a local homebrew club put togehter:
    Overview
    bit.ly/143wRWu
    Seminars
    bit.ly/143wwD4
    Book Signings
    bit.ly/15wQuUx

Ill be bringing some bottles of my 18mo old oaked impy stout, a bretted saison, and a bourbon english barleywine maybe a growler of an english mild and a hoppy kolsch with hbc342(has an interesting watermelon aroma).

Who's gonna be there? What are you bringing etc.

2. bigk84

bigk84 Initiate (0) Jun 2, 2011 Michigan

Bringing my old ale and BA version, cherry triple, triple, and a tupelo mead. I have two entries in I hope i get some hardware! Great info maybe I'll run into you there.

3. koopa

koopa Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2008 New Jersey

Bringing my "Frankenberry IPA" aka "Galaxy Topper" and serving it at "Bar #2" during the 2pm - 4pm social on Thursday. Sweet red fruit tasting ipa brewed with Conan yeast I cultured from cans of Heady Topper and a combo of Mosaic, Simcoe, Centennial, and Galaxy hops. FWH, FO Hopstand, Hop Backed, and Double Dry Hopped :slight_smile:

4. epk

epk Pundit (813) Jun 10, 2008 New Jersey

I'll be there. First time for me - I had no idea we should bring bottles to share and trade. :slight_frown:

Don't really have any bottles on hand, we keg. I'm already in the city today - maybe I can grab a growler of my Kolsch I have on tap. How exactly does this sharing stuff work?

I do have a question - The Spiegelau – Beer Connoisseur Tasting, did you have to sign up extra for that? Or is it open to just social package people?

5. epk

Now that I think of it, I asked a funny question... Unless your a 1st grader that is knew to sharing toys. I think I'll figure it out.

What I can say is that I'm pretty much already check out of work. I'm ready to go!

6. Timmush

Timmush Pundit (907) Jan 5, 2008 New Jersey

I will be there tomorrow night with the ANNiHiLATED out of NewHope/Lambertville. Have a cask that has a Belgian Tripple Aged in an Apple Brandy Barrel been sitting on brett for a while. Going to be fun watching that thing pop open.

7. koopa

My keg kicked very quickly today. I hope some BA's had a chance to try it!

8. Agold

So........ who else had a roundguys can explode?

Edit: I think I got a pour of that and it was solid iirc. Good stuff.

9. VikeMan

VikeMan Grand Pooh-Bah (3,043) Jul 12, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Heh. My can got a little warm (I guess) and blew out. Soaked my bag of swag.

10. koopa

A buddy in my brew club had his can explode in his book bag which contained an ipad and various other techno gadgets.

11. Agold

Did round guys/aha say anything about that? I haven't heard anything out of anyone, but to be fair, the conference isn't even technically over yet.

12. koopa

Round Guys / AHA - Not that I'm aware of.
    I was in one seminar on Friday (forgot which one) and the speaker did mention it / warn the attendees about it.

That bruclear saison was very highly carbonated as well, but the belgian bottle w/ cork and cage naturally dealt with it better than those cheap ass cans the round guys brew came in.

13. epk

Hmmm... should I be worried about that round guys can in my fridge?

hopfenunmaltz likes this.
  14. hopfenunmaltz

hopfenunmaltz Pooh-Bah (2,611) Jun 8, 2005 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society

Yes you should. Smells like a Brett infection.

Several guys I know had them blow in their luggage driving home.

My wife saw one let go setting on the table at registration. Much strong language ensued by the staff.

15. epk

Ouch... hopefully it hasn't already done so down in my beer fridge. I'm crack that baby open tonight if it's still possible

16. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Grand Pooh-Bah (3,181) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

“Smells like a Brett infection.”

“Several guys I know had them blow in their luggage driving home”

Oh boy, Round Guys didn’t do themselves any favors by giving away free ‘bad’ beer.:grimacing:

Cheers!

17. JackHorzempa

Pooh-Bah Society

I opened up my can of Round Guys beer with the can sitting in my kitchen sink. The beer immediately foamed up. I slowly poured it into a large (20 ounce glass) but I could only pour about ½ of the can into the glass: 2/3rds foam and 1/3 beer. I eventually filled up the glass and took a few sips. My wife took a sip and stated: it tastes like a Belgian beer.

Yup, there is definitely something wrong with this beer. After two small sips I dumped the beer.

Cheers!

18. hopfenunmaltz

hopfenunmaltz Pooh-Bah (2,611) Jun 8, 2005 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society

Jack, I am not 100% on this, but I think the AHA funds the production of the commemorative beers now.

19. JackHorzempa

Pooh-Bah Society

As an AHA member can I request that the AHA obtain a refund from Round Guys for the can bombs!?!

Cheers!

20. dogglebe

dogglebe Initiate (0) Feb 12, 2013 New York

I've heard of a dozen instances when the can exploded. If you still have yours, either wrap it in a towel before opening it or toss it against a hard surface to burst the cane. My roommate at the conference had his burst while in his baggage for the trip home.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.