Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine and select auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

New Orleans restaurants with decent beer?

Discussion in 'South' started by TrappistJohnMD, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Was pleasantly suprised to find Chimay on the menu at Emeril's NOLA in the French Quarter last year. Was even served in the Chimay chalice. Any suggestions for upscale restaurants with decent beer offerings in the area?
  2. avenuepub

avenuepub Savant (305) Louisiana Apr 23, 2009

August, Cocquette, Boucherie, Cochon...on the more casual side Irish House, St James Cheese.
    TrappistJohnMD likes this.
  3. Thanks Polly! Looking forward to stopping by the pub this weekend too
    avenuepub likes this.
  4. avenuepub

Excellent! We will be here. There are probably a lot of now than the last time you visited the city. I'm in such deep Mardi GRAS prep mode that only the obvious ones came to mind. All are excellent places though and you won't be dispointed in the food at any of those options. All of them are also our customers which is why I know them so well. the actual French quarter has gotten a lot better in terms of beer selection but its still a beer wasteland compared with the rest of the city.
  5. In the Quarter, I'd add Sylvain. Nice, rotating selection.

Ancora, Midway, and Company Burger on Freret too. All four are quite good.

As for Cochon, I only ever find myself ordering Stone IPA there. Them and Luke could stand to step up their beer selection.
    avenuepub and TrappistJohnMD like this.
  6. avenuepub

Oh yeah..sylvan. Good choice.
  7. TAPrice

TAPrice Disciple (65) Louisiana Apr 1, 2009

Root and (if you want super high end) Restaurant R'Evolution do a decent job with beer.
  8. Stopped in Sylvan for lunch today. Had a Brooklyn Chocolate Stout. Thanks for all the recs!
  9. petitcochon57

petitcochon57 Aspirant (40) Georgia Jan 15, 2013

Ah. I was going to say, why bother with the restaurants - just go to The Avenue, but I see that's already been covered. Seriously though...the beer selection there is INSANE. Last time I was in NOLA I had things I'd never even *heard* of at the Avenue while watching Shark Week. What a great night.
    beerturtle and avenuepub like this.
  10. kylelenk

kylelenk Savant (415) Michigan Apr 17, 2012

Can't wait for Mardi Gras this year! Was down over Halloween and was at The Pub 3 out of the 5 days I was there! Can't wait to see the events.
    avenuepub likes this.
  11. champ103

champ103 Champion (965) Texas Sep 3, 2007 Verified

Three Muses usually has a few NOLA offerings, along with Stone and Brooklyn last time I was there. One of my favorite spots on Frenchmen St. Lobster ravioli, duck confit flat bread, Hopitoulas and the Royal Roses playing. That was a good night :)
  12. HeadyTheElder

HeadyTheElder Advocate (525) Louisiana Nov 3, 2012 Verified

I ate at Peche recently and they had a decent little beer list.
  13. kylelenk

kylelenk Savant (415) Michigan Apr 17, 2012

Went to Peche last time I was down. Didn't drink but the food was great and I hear it's one of the up and coming seafood restaurants.
  14. wiingman

wiingman Savant (295) Texas Aug 22, 2013 Verified

I hear La Boucherie will have good beer next Wednesday...
    avenuepub likes this.