New Colorado Breweries

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by caboose9, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkorpal

mkorpal Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2007 Colorado

I can't wait to make it down to Prost. I love Dunkles, and am absolutely excited to try their take on the style.

2. Prospero

Prospero Pooh-Bah (2,606) Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I love this city. :grinning:

highlifeCO likes this.
  3. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2010 Colorado

I love this state! Especially Northern Colorado, not that other spots don't have great beer! But think of how many solid breweries and beer bars are in the Denver-Boulder-Ft. Collins radius!!

alexipa and denver10 like this.
  4. Domingo

Domingo Grand Pooh-Bah (4,206) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

While we're not quite Eastern PA or Wisconsin, we've got a burgeoning German craft scene at the moment. Between Prost, Grimm Brothers, the Sandlot (a bit trickier to get into), Copper Kettle, and Left Hand - we've got most bases covered pretty well. In particular, Prost and Grimm are as good as any I've had in the US.

Oxymoron likes this.
  5. Prospero

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Indeed our state, but with 15 breweries within biking distance from my house (within 3 miles) and 4 more by end of year, I have to say I'm a bit partial to my home city. I think people visiting GABF this year are going to be floored with all the phenom breweries that have opened just in the last year alone, all close to downtown and surrounding area!

b0rderman and drumrboy22 like this.
  6. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Grand Pooh-Bah (4,216) May 19, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Maybe I'll make a list of breweries so that we can put a sticky up for those 'what to do in Denver area' threads. Those pop up from time to time :slight_smile:

7. HRCam

HRCam Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2008 Colorado

Yes Prost was very very good. Followed it up with a trip to Hops and Pie and was quite impressed by that place as well. Ordered a bottle of Gueuze there and wow... amazing.

8. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2010 Colorado

Got me a growler of the Prost Dunkel transported up to Ft. Collins tonight, can't wait!

9. Graviz

Graviz Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2012 Colorado

Which Gueuze did you get?

10. HRCam

HRCam Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2008 Colorado

IIRC it was Timmermans 'Oude Gueuze'. Bottle also stated 'The worlds oldest Lambic Brewery'.

11. drumrboy22

drumrboy22 Initiate (0) Jul 22, 2005 Colorado

Domingo, b0rderman and ucsbmullet like this.
  12. scray24

scray24 Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2008 Colorado

Update on 2 Rascals in Montrose.... Just brewed their first batch (Scottish) a few days ago. Targeting opening around Oct 1st.

13. Mebuzzard

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Heard Black Sky is aiming at a Feb opening. Not sure about location. 3rd and Sante Fe?

14. scray24

Just visited 2 Rascals. Great location but beers wet just okay - largely under attenuated. The scottish 80, stout, and IPA (although the nose was missing) were the best of the 5 available. The location is great - older historic building with room for expansion. Based on observation and their website they are following the frankenbrew philosophy and probably have about a 3-5bbl capacity.

15. Prospero

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

16. scray24

Saw (from a Denver brewery tour groupon) a few other new ones - including a Green Mountain Falls Brewery... But I couldn't find any other info on it.

17. denver10

denver10 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,081) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico
    Pooh-Bah Society

Black Bottle Brewing in Fort Collins opened this past weekend. Haven't hit it up yet but they have 4 of their own beers on tap and 36 taps of guest beers.

18. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2011 Colorado

Damn, 36? I'll have to check them out next time I'm up there.

19. Domingo

Domingo Grand Pooh-Bah (4,206) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

denver10 and hopfacebrew like this.
  20. Mebuzzard

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

About time someone tapped into DU. Why didn't they do it when i went there? :grimacing:

hopfacebrew likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.