1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Need help tracking down a bottle of something awesome

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by coppcw08, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coppcw08

coppcw08 Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2012 New York
    Deactivated

Hey BA Community,

So, I am turning 26 on the 18th of this month and I will also be graduating from Western Kentucky University with my Master's in Microbiology a few days later (GO TOPS!). I would love to try and get at least 1 or 2 bottles for graduation/b-day but I don't know what to search for. My cellar isn't too deep anymore as I made 2 trades for some high value bottles but I would like to try to get some type of imperial stout/Bourbon barrel stout/RIS. I live in KY and have access to most things GI/Founders/Bells/FFF.

If you have some suggestions on what I should try to hunt down for my graduation/b-day tasting I would appreciate the help! Keep in mind my cellar is no longer too deep after trading for GI Rare/Beat/ and GI Vanilla. So hopefully suggestions could be obtainable for me.

Cheers!! and thanks for the suggestions in advance!

I do not have the GI Rare,Vanilla, or Beat anymore. I drank them when I passed my oral exams/thesis defense. Sorry. Should have specified that.

2. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

Are these no longer in your possession? They seem like perfect beers for the occasion!

Congrats!

3. coppcw08

Deactivated

Mark,

First off, thanks!!! They are no longer in my possession. I drank them when I passed my oral exams/thesis defense. I kinda wish I had saved them but I thought at the time I would be able to find some other stuff to "fill the void".

-c

4. nannotwo

nannotwo Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2011 Minnesota

I say try to get your hands on a trade for the Firestone Parabola if you can. They just released the new vintage!

mhenson42 and MarkIntihar like this.
  5. coppcw08

Deactivated

I have 2 of those from 2011 that I just traded for (the box came in yesterday. Thanks, JROD1969!!)

6. Exiled

Exiled Initiate (0) May 30, 2009 Texas
    Trader

Though there are probably not many bottles still floating around, but since your in/from Kentucky I would suggest trying to see if anyone local might be able to hook you up with this bad boy. (I have a bottle in my cellar)

Kuntucky Old Friends Bourbon Barrel Ale
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/430/39824

7. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

Gotcha. Too many celebrations, huh? :grinning:

Parabola is a great suggestion, and has just started hitting stores out west, so it should start popping up in trade threads soon. Other than that, see if you can trade for some Uinta beers from their Crooked Line series. Labrynth (barrel aged stout) and Cockeyed Cooper (barrel aged barleywine) are two that come to mind as very nice beers that you shouldn't have to trade an arm and a leg to get. Epic Big Bad Baptist and Alesmith Speedway Stout are also nice options. Good luck with your search!

8. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2010 California

Haha, that is a pretty awesome bottle.

9. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2012 Wisconsin

You should drink a Black Tuesday! As a dentist, you will probably see the irony of consuming that sugar packed diabetic mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.