NEBCO Details

Discussion in 'New England' started by Verbl, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verbl

Verbl Crusader (445) Feb 7, 2009 Minnesota

I am going to be in Southbury for Thanksgiving, and I wanted to stop by the brewery. The website didn't say anything about a taproom. Do they have one at the brewery? Do they have tours? Are thye worth it? How about growler or bottle sales?

Thank you in advance.

2. tehzachatak

tehzachatak Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2010 Massachusetts

Check out the NEBCO thread a little lower down for some more details, but:

1. By "taproom", if you mean a place where there is beer on tap, yes, they have one.
    2. If by tours, you mean, will Rob walk you around the brewery, then yes.
    3. They do sell growlers. The NEBCO thread below typically has an up-to-date list, as does their facebook, often. Typically they don't sell bottles/cans unless there was a special release, like the recent Premeditated Murder barleywine. However, you're literally right across the street from Amity Wine, which has about all of the beer you can find in Connecticut.

But seriously, NEBCO is in a big garage, basically. Don't expect a gleaming brewery. Just awesome beer.

3. smutty33

smutty33 Pooh-Bah (2,088) Jun 12, 2009 Connecticut
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yeah,the elevators in that brewery need to be replaced........:wink:............:grinning:

Oh,and to the OP:Watch out for the head of security at the brewery.He's got a solid grip on things.:stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers

4. wittyname

wittyname Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2012 North Carolina

[​IMG]

seplo, marcdalke, sandman3479 and 4 others like this.
  5. smutty33

smutty33 Pooh-Bah (2,088) Jun 12, 2009 Connecticut
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Eli !!!!!!!!! Nice!!!!!

Cheers

FarmingtonRiver likes this.
  6. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2009 Connecticut

I like this thread! Yes its worth a stop in OP. Awesome place! Bring something from MN to share with Matt and Rob and whoever else is in the building.

NJOssie likes this.
  7. drewj23

drewj23 Initiate (0) Oct 18, 2005 Connecticut

Call ahead for Friday/Saturday. May be closed. However. G-bot, sea hag and 668 on tap.

8. seplo

seplo Pundit (923) Sep 8, 2009 Connecticut

I concour...CHEERS

9. t8000shx

t8000shx Zealot (588) Mar 2, 2004 New York
    Trader

Sorry if this was mentioned in the other NEBCO thread - I looked but didn't see it.

Anyone know what their hours are for this week (namely today and tomorrow) for growler fills? I'm unfortunately blocked from any social media site where NEBCO might have this info posted.

10. sandman3479

sandman3479 Initiate (0) Dec 8, 2006 Connecticut

I think they usually close at 6.

11. naloxone

naloxone Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2010 Connecticut

Yep, they normally close up at 6 but if you're making a long drive go ahead and ring them before you leave to make sure

(203) 387-2222

12. drewj23

drewj23 Initiate (0) Oct 18, 2005 Connecticut

Five beers on tap for tommorow. Sea hag friars quad premeditated murder g-bot and elm city

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.