Narwhal in Madison/Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by johnkale, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnkale

johnkale Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2009 Wisconsin

While making my thrice-weekly shopping trip to Star Liquor I inquired when SN Narwhal would be showing up in the area. I was shocked (and angered) to find out that it had "come and gone" already due to Frank Distributors only ordering 20 cases for pretty much all of southern Wisconsin.

Some burning questions:
    How the hell does that happen? How does a company that distributes beer in Madison and Milwaukee underestimate demand like that and stay in business? Does anyone know where I might find some in the Madison area?

2. Sam_E

Sam_E Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2012 Ohio
    Deactivated

I got a 4 pack at Discount Liquor in Waukesha over thanksgiving weekend and they told me that once they ran out they were not getting any more.

3. johnkale

johnkale Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2009 Wisconsin

Yeah, just figured out that Frank's distribution area isn't quite to Waukesha or Milwaukee. Still, really disappointing, and I'm going to guess they won't be able to get any more even if they ask really nicely. They've dropped the ball with other SN releases too, didn't see any Ruthless Rye in Madison until more than a month after I got some in Appleton earlier this year.

4. Sam_E

Sam_E Initiate (0) Oct 11, 2012 Ohio
    Deactivated

im not in wisconsin too frequently so I dont know about distribution around the state, but I was atleast happy that iw as able to get 2 bottles of BCBS considering they cant sell it where I live due to ABV limits.

5. Stevedore

Stevedore Grand Pooh-Bah (5,072) Nov 16, 2012 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I live in Madison and I've not seen a Narwhal here. I'm probably going to pick some up when I go back to Michigan for the holidays.

6. jverdo1

jverdo1 Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

How much are you looking for - I have some extra and live in Madison.
    BM me and maybe we can setup a local trade...

7. Stevedore

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Its ok- I doubt I have anything that you can't get here in Madison- I'll be sure to grab some in Michigan as well as some Zombie Dust if the brewpub still has that when I stop there on the way back.

8. asmokingoat

asmokingoat Aspirant (299) Jul 10, 2006 Wisconsin

I saw some at Woodmans west a few days ago, also maybe Steve on Mckee too

9. Stevedore

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yeah I was just at Woodman's today and didn't see any.

10. sherm1016

sherm1016 Pundit (843) Aug 10, 2009 Wisconsin

Saw it at Discount Liquor in Milwaukee on Saturday.

FYI. The SN Distributor in Milwaukee is Beer Capitol. I think Franks is limited to Madison and SW WI.

11. jjheinrichs

jjheinrichs Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2010 Wisconsin
    Deactivated

Whole Foods in Milwaukee had a stack of cases of it when I was there last week.

12. TyPhD

TyPhD Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2012 Wisconsin

Discount in Milwaukee had it as of 30 minutes ago.

13. chumsnards666

chumsnards666 Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2012
    Deactivated

Woodman's West had it, as did Woodman's in Sun Prairie, though it came and went. I've been checking almost every day and it's not looking good. Cannery also had it but the owner told me that he didn't think they would get any more.

14. tclang

tclang Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2011 Wisconsin

Otto's Elm Grove had it as of Thursday and Tosa Wine & Spirits had it as of last night.

15. stayclean

stayclean Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2012 Wisconsin

Yep, they've had a stack of cases for quite a while now.

16. SrMonkey

SrMonkey Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2008 Wisconsin

I saw a ton of it back East a few weeks ago, and I thought to myself, "it'll be easily available in Madtown, why not focus on East Coast only brews". Nope. Ah, the joys of crappy distro.

17. chumsnards666

Deactivated

I am working right near the state fair grounds this week. Any stores near there likely to have it?

18. TyPhD

TyPhD Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2012 Wisconsin

Right by me.. Closest would be rays or discount

19. chumsnards666

Deactivated

Awesome. Thanks dude!

20. chumsnards666

Deactivated

Just picked up 3 4 packs from Discount today! I'll be pouring a few them on my wiener tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.