Merchant Du Vin To Release Samuel Smith's Organic Apricot Ale

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Jason, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason

Jason Founder (0) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts

Seattle, WA (Feb 2012) - Merchant du Vin is pleased to announce Samuel Smith’s Organic Apricot Ale, which joins the award-winning Samuel Smith Organic Strawberry, Raspberry and Cherry Ales. Look for it now and over the next few weeks wherever you buy beer – our website has a retail beer search feature.

Before Samuel Smith’s earned organic certification for their tiny Melbourn Bros. Brewery in 2008, Apricot Ale was their top-selling beer. After an extensive search, the brewers have finally found a source of USDA Certified Organic apricots. Festive and innovative, Sam Smith's Apricot Ale offers bold, appealing apricot aroma and flavor, perfectly melded to clean, light-bodied organic ale. Hazy orange-gold color; firm body; finishes full and rich. OG: 1.065; IBU 14; ABV: 5.1%. USDA and UK Soil Association Certified Organic.

The historic Melbourn Bros. Brewery has stood in the market town of Stamford, Lincolnshire, England, since 1825. Lovingly restored by Samuel Smith’s in the 1990s, this gem of a brewery is little changed since the early industrial revolution: it still has a belt-driven grist mill, old copper brewing vessels, and steam power. Sam Smith’s Organic Fruit beers gain deep character from brewing and fermentation using the original Victorian equipment. The beers are then blended, conditioned and packaged at Samuel Smith’s in Tadcaster.

Specialty beer importer Merchant du Vin was founded in 1978, a time when Americans could not buy the world's classic beer styles - in fact, unless they had travelled to Europe most Americans had never even heard of pale ale, hefeweizen, or Trappist ale. MdV founder Charles Finkel realized that the flavors found in the great beers of England, Germany and Belgium were a universal pleasure that should be available to all adults.

http://www.merchantduvin.com/

###

2. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2010 California

Awesome news. Their other fruit beers are quite good.

3. FosterJM

FosterJM Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2009 California

Well now I have to get the other ones. Could be worse.

4. Tschnab

Tschnab Initiate (0) Aug 21, 2010 New York

This is great, the strawberry was a real surprise for me, can't wait to try this.

5. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,772) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Pooh-Bah Society

I really enjoyed all of their fruit beers. I'll look out for this one.

6. cavedave

cavedave Grand Pooh-Bah (4,145) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Samuel Smith's one of my first, still one of my favorite craft brewers lo these many years later. Will scoop this up as soon as I see it, love the taste of apricot in beer.

7. Sesmu

Sesmu Zealot (744) Feb 28, 2007 Massachusetts

So what is the source of apricots, if they're USDA Certified?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.