1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

LNBA Secret Santa BIF - Hints & Hauls Thread

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by davey101, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. franklinn

franklinn Initiate (0) May 29, 2012 Vermont

Target, check your porch on Wed. and open immediately. Inspect both parcels, it will be fairly obvious what to do; One is for immediate consumption (hyper fresh, too) and one is to save open on christmas.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

fingers crossed that this box doesn't meet the business end of a fork lift. It's packed pretty well, but not forklift well.

2. cfrances33

cfrances33 Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2012 Illinois

Target, you box is going to be sent express, on Wednesday, after a last minute addition. The box will need to be opened immediately, as there will be 32oz of hyper fresh goodness for drinking!

3. PoopChute69

PoopChute69 Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2012 Poland

Bouncing around your area?

4. genuinedisciple

genuinedisciple Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2010 Michigan

Yeah, now it's being held in Brighton, MI, about 30 mins. from me (ugh)...stupid Fedex.

5. franklinn

Got it whittled down to 7 possibles.

This is exciting :grinning:

6. sleuthdog

sleuthdog Savant (1,218) Oct 21, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

Target:

You should have a 25 pound box sitting on your porch, left at front door according to UPS. Again you will want to open it and put the three bottles marked refrigerate in cool place.

7. PoopChute69

Did your sender send you the tracking info? How do you know it's being held there?

8. franklinn

My target may want to do this too. Everything in the box is wrapped and will not be identifiable. Each is wrapped with bubble wrap and newspaper over it. Dig down to the bottom and you will find two that are flatter than a bottle. They are at the very bottom, so have fun. Feel free to pop those in the fridge. I didn't worry about it at first, as I'm sure they will be fine and very tasty at christmas, they aren't growlers or anything, but they are hoppy. The choice is up to you!

No peeking at the other stuff in there..... and when you post pictures of your haul, at least act surprised about the item outside the inner box. You don't want to offend your grandmother...

9. genuinedisciple

No...door tag was let a couple days ago and I've been trying to get the box since.

10. benjaminahudson

benjaminahudson Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2012 North Carolina

Do the ole' 'take a day off' and wait for him? damn delivery trucks and their unpredictable delivery schedules!

/team ship and receive from work
    //runs like clockwork

11. PoopChute69

Why didn't they just leave it at your door?

12. genuinedisciple

It said signature required on it....I asked for the package then to be held at my local fedex location (right by my house), and they had it held 30 mins away.

13. Steimie

Steimie Maven (1,404) Jan 7, 2012 Michigan

I just watched UPS take my target's box off my porch and place it in their truck. They seemed to be handling it carefully.

Someone in a state that is smaller (in area and population) than the state I live in should be receiving a box on Wednesday. Nothing in the box needs to be drank right away, so don't go opening it.

I didn't write LNBASS or anything on it. If you get a box from Michigan on Wednesday, that should be your cue to leave it alone for now.

14. benjaminahudson

Open it right away; got it!

/Peyton Manning's Papa Johns pizza commercials'd

15. Kmccabe33

Kmccabe33 Pundit (794) Nov 4, 2011 Georgia
    Trader

Box is packed and ready to ship. Ended up significantly different than what I had originally planned, but I KNOW my target will be happy. Heading Northwest of me.

16. benjaminahudson

You mean NorthEAST, right?!?

/who's my shipper?!

17. PoopChute69

That's odd. (hint: it's from me)

I didn't require a sig on the shipment so I'm not sure what that's all about.

18. azdback

azdback Pooh-Bah (1,608) Apr 2, 2004 Arizona
    Pooh-Bah Trader

I'm out

I'm out

I'm out

I'm out

I'm out

:slight_frown::slight_frown::slight_frown::slight_frown:

19. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2009 Connecticut

Its been said before, but I'll reiterate. Don't sweat it man! We all know the requirements and rules. I think this group is tight enough where jealousy and anger over a smaller box shouldn't exist. I for one wouldn't care if I got a mix-a-sixer of locals. I'm just enjoying the ride with some cool beer peeps :sunglasses:

20. WesM63

WesM63 Pooh-Bah (1,567) Nov 6, 2011 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah

Finally, my box just left via UPS headed 691miles west and scheduled to arrive Wednesday the 19th.

As with others, my target needs to open my box immediately and follow the directions on the inside box's!

Last hints for my target, lets see how well they pay attention :wink:

1. My targets state borders the state my dad is visiting this week.
    2. My target lives roughly 20miles from a brewery who only bottles 2 beers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.