1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Leschkie Strikes Again

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by JebediahScooter, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JebediahScooter

JebediahScooter Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2010 Vermont

So I've been swapping boxes every other month with Leschkie for a little more than a year now, and I visited him in California this summer while my wife was at a conference nearby. He always kills it with fantastic boxes, and he let me know a few weeks ago that there was an extra birthday box headed my way. I arrived home yesterday to find the biggest beer box I've ever gotten on my porch, but it seemed much lighter than a box that size filled with beer should have been. I opened it, pulled out tons of packing material, and found this little guy:

[​IMG]

Comparison. The glorious comparison:

[​IMG]

I had this as a top want for a while and took a couple stabs at landing one, but I removed it from my profile when I came to the conclusion that I didn't have the ammo. Ho. Lee. Shit. Tip for new BA's: find good trading partners!

goveia75, NJOssie, eyebereej and 52 others like this.
  2. huadog

huadog Initiate (0) May 13, 2009 California

leschkie is a good ass mofo

3. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Initiate (0) Sep 16, 2010 Ohio

leschkie is "The Man" ..

4. johnyb

johnyb Pooh-Bah (2,272) Aug 11, 2012 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Kurtis is the consummate BA, and an even better person. Happy Birthday Mr. Scooter, and Cheers to both of you guys!!!

5. bugdoc

bugdoc Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2011 California

Protip - he gives good manhugs as well! :sunglasses:

afrokaze, leschkie, Beerdy and 4 others like this.
  6. pschul4

pschul4 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Illinois

Can confirm. Met him at Darkness day and he was really cool
    Hopefully we can all learn to be more like him

leschkie likes this.
  7. minnesotaryan

minnesotaryan Initiate (0) Dec 27, 2010 Minnesota

non-DICK move. that is awesome! having met him briefly at DDay he was a solid dude and top notch BA.

leschkie likes this.
  8. Penguin3200

Penguin3200 Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2008 Minnesota

Yeah, was great to meet him at DD, although was bummed the Sender/Leschkie throwdown for the TG workshirt didn't happen........LOL! Awesome BA! and Awesome Karma! Cheers to Leschkie!

leschkie, sliverX and minnesotaryan like this.
  9. slaphappysnark

slaphappysnark Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2011 California

Glenn, you have so much hair in that photo!
    Also, Kurtis is indeed awesome.

leschkie likes this.
  10. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

Kurtis is the worst. Forcing all of this RR swill on everybody. The. Worst.

11. cpferris

cpferris Zealot (500) Jan 22, 2008 Indiana
    Trader

Kurtis is top notch! He hooked me up with a few extra bottles of beatification and shared some great beers this past weekend before I moved away from CA. The man deserves all the kudos coming his way...

leschkie likes this.
  12. JebediahScooter

Haha, yeah, it's my winter coat.

leschkie and Beerdy like this.
  13. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Pooh-Bah (1,955) Nov 26, 2008 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Kurtis? Yeah, I don't trust him.

14. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 Initiate (0) May 6, 2010 Minnesota

Kurtis is definitely a great guy. I will say though, if you keep feeding him beer, he wont go away. I shared one with him at DDay, and I was "cool to meet a BA I've dealt with before". I turn around to talk to others around my truck and get this bad feeling. So I turn around, there's Kurtis again, I'm like "damn man, your like a bad penny, here try this". He then left, so I thought I was in the clear, next thing I know he's pushing whales on me. Cool ass dude and I will gladly drink with him again.

15. JebediahScooter

Who trusts a beer geek that skinny?

16. ferillo

ferillo Initiate (0) Sep 12, 2009 Massachusetts

Easily my favorite trading partner.

leschkie likes this.
  17. JebediahScooter

Forgot to mention: yesterday, the word "beatification" was in the final round of the spelling bee at the middle school where I work. It was a good omen. I giggled like a schoolgirl and looked up to see kids sitting around me staring with blank faces.

18. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 Initiate (0) May 6, 2010 Minnesota

the best part of this thread is what the OP said. Regular trading partners is the way to go. I was approached by a BA who wanted to start a regular RR for Surly trade. My wife loves RR sours so I was fo sho. We decided on a pre-trade because he was really wanting some Darkness. So we decided on an amount and he shipped me an awesome RR box that included 2 T25's a growler and several other beers to make it beyond the amount. Unfortunately for health reasons, I am just now getting to ship. So fuck his porch. Anotherjoe, here you go...
    [​IMG]
    and the Abrasive was canned on 11/27. Cheers to finding regular traders.

19. BarrytheBear

BarrytheBear Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2007 Wisconsin
    Deactivated

I was fortunate enough to trade with Kurtis recently and not only is he extremely generous, but one of the friendliest and best communicators I've dealt with. Not surprised by this!

leschkie likes this.
  20. BAstoutsNsours

BAstoutsNsours Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2012 Florida

Is mordormongo available to confirm this as a non-dick move?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.