Latest WOW beer!

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Jeffo, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2010 California

TAPS Remy's Pappy.

2. TheCuriograph

TheCuriograph Pundit (785) Apr 1, 2013 New York
    Trader

Had Weyerbacher Blasphemy yesterday. Not the subtlest ale, but the bourbon-vanilla notes really complement the fruit. Hell of a quad.

3. Donco

Donco Pooh-Bah (1,615) Aug 12, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Don't know about "wow!".......but it definitely was "Huh!": Big Black Voodoo Daddy. Very surprised how much I loved this RIS. Delicious and very inexpensive (at least here in PA). On par with Old Rasputin and Stone RIS. Try it if you find it.

4. MisSigsFan

MisSigsFan Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2013 California

Elysian Dayglow IPA. From the ratings it doesn't seem all that great but I thought it was a perfect example of a West Coast IPA.

5. MisSigsFan

MisSigsFan Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2013 California

Also, the bottle. Wow...
    [​IMG]

6. guinness77

guinness77 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,480) Jan 6, 2014 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

50/50 Eclipse High West Rye (the green wax)...
    Freaking amazing. I'm actually sad it's gone.

7. BMMillsy

BMMillsy Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2012 Florida

Last 2 days had Mikkeller Spontanrosehip and WinBic and have thoroughly enjoyed both. Mikkeller very hit or miss for me and these were hits.

8. SawDog505

SawDog505 Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,666) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

[​IMG] Gave this a perfect 5, so I kind of loved it!

VelvetExtract likes this.
  9. StoopidFuture

StoopidFuture Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2012 Louisiana

Victory Dirt Wolf, and Evil Twin Bourbon Barrel Biscotti Break... I knew the Biscotti would be good, but HOLY SH!T.

10. JHE73

JHE73 Zealot (572) Mar 7, 2013 California
    Trader

Ever Weisse

dvnb likes this.
  11. Hefewiseman

Hefewiseman Pundit (944) Sep 6, 2011 Florida
    Trader

Pappy Van Winkle Black Magick... I was at a loss for words. Too bad the odds of trying it again are basically zero :slight_frown:

12. SteveB24

SteveB24 Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2013 New York

SN Hoptimum

13. kwakwhore

kwakwhore Maven (1,413) Nov 1, 2004 North Carolina
    Trader

Double Jack and Apex, but I'll be drinking my first Heady Topper tonight so I hope to have an addition to the list.

14. PSU_Mike

PSU_Mike Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2013 Pennsylvania

I only live an hour and a half from Voodoo and I will be going to their next barrel room release. All I hear about is how amazing they are. PvW Black Magick seems to be at the top of this "holy shit!" list.

15. ToriBug13

ToriBug13 Initiate (0) May 10, 2013 California

Okay, a few new wows! Mont des Cats Biere Trappiste- it's a Belgian Strong Dark, and it's mighty delicious! The rating on here should be higher than it is! The second, Rogue actually came out and surprised me with their 7 Hop IPA- delicious! Very resinous and bitter! Third, can someone please ask Speakeasy in SF to brew Metropolis Lager all year long? I feel bad for most of the country because it's still mighty chilly most places, but what a killer beer for our hot drought days here in Cali! Lastly for now, can I give a huge shout out to the Anchor Saison! Wahoo! Delicious! A much maltier backbone than the majority of saisons, this one really hit the spot!

16. dvnb

dvnb Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2013 California

Latest is New Glarus Berliner Weisse, before that was Night Shift Ever Weisse.

17. HuntDaddy540

HuntDaddy540 Zealot (683) Feb 10, 2014 District of Columbia

Pepe Nero by Goose Island really surprised me. A dark, malty saison brewed with peppercorns? I thought it was really well balanced and completely unique to any other beer I've ever had.

MgoJohnStamos likes this.
  18. RISeth

RISeth Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2013 Texas

Crooked Stave St. Bretta - winter. absolutely fantastic.

DividedAvery likes this.
  19. MrDave

MrDave Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2013 California

I know a guy who often says of his favorite beers "It's talk to yourself good!" I know exactly what he means. Does anyone else use this phrase or something similar? You know, when you have a WOW beer and you actually say shit aloud with the first few sips (or throughout), whether you are alone or not: "Damn, this good!"..............[sip]...."oh man!"...........[sip]..."Jesus Tapdancin Christ!"

I think I might often say "crazy good" referring to this because it makes you sound like a crazy person.

20. Kanger

Kanger Initiate (0) Sep 3, 2013 New York

Other Half Hup Hup Hup and Other Half Hop Shower.

MisterBisco, jrnyc and ceeg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.