Latest Pipeworks Releases and Updates

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Lansman, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipeworks

Pipeworks Initiate (0) May 28, 2009 Illinois

thank you for getting the wit but I can guarantee you Grand was not sold out... Dave is one of our best accounts and we keep him very well stocked for the commuters... not making a happy face at the fact that someone would tell you it's sold out...

DBCOACHEMUP and mjohnson17 like this.
  2. Etan

Etan Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2011 Wisconsin

Did you guys bring any Abduction to Binny's Express in Hyde Park?

3. stakem

stakem Grand Pooh-Bah (4,070) Feb 20, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

bluelady@pipeworksbrewing.com is the address i used. sent a second email earlier today and still didnt get an auto-reply. i checked my outbound box, spam, filters, etc

im not terribly worried about it. i mean its a hell of a gesture you are offering but these things happen. just thought you should know about this possible email issue. even though i think this first batch of blue lady was interesting and not that enjoyable, it doesnt deter me from wanting to try a future batch and the other fruited versions

4. Benjiehorn

Benjiehorn Initiate (0) Jun 15, 2008 Illinois

Plenty of Abduction left at Binny's Skokie, and it's quite good, can't wait for Well Read.

5. Treebs

Treebs Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2011 Illinois

I was there yesterday! I was sad you weren't :slight_frown:

Benjiehorn likes this.
  6. mpwdoyle

mpwdoyle Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2011 Illinois

Picked up an Abduction yesterday and had a glass. Wow, exceptional beer, guys! Definitely one of my favorites from you, and I'd guess a favorite of many very soon.

7. BreakingBad

BreakingBad Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2012

Local bottle shop started carrying pipeworks and I couldn't be happier

[​IMG]

8. BreakingBrew

BreakingBrew Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2012 Washington

Same thing for me. Tried a second time and no dice.

9. rmalinowski4

rmalinowski4 Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2010 Illinois

Had Abduction and Foolish Wit on Friday. Abduction was very good and Foolish Wit was excellent. Really looking forward to the upcoming releases.

10. DBCOACHEMUP

DBCOACHEMUP Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2011 Illinois

Bought 4 Abduction's Thursday night, sorry (had to stock up and get them safely back to the suburbs). There should have been more though.

11. Wseitz

Wseitz Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2010 Illinois

Also sent in an email today with picture of two bottles (of approximately five that I bought over time). Did not receive an automated response. Just another data point.

12. aefbjo

aefbjo Zealot (521) Jun 8, 2005 Bahamas

Did Olivia's Market wind up getting Abduction? My guy said he ordered two cases but I haven't heard if they got it.

13. PDZ

PDZ Initiate (0) Jun 26, 2012 Illinois

Abduction was delicious, and sick bottle art! What I didnt sign up for was the post abduction anal probe

14. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2012 Illinois

What would you compare Abduction to? Bought a bottle Saturday, haven't had it yet. Want to get a few if it's fabulous, but not many reviews here and none on BA yet. Would love some info as I have only seen it in two stores and that was Saturday

15. PDZ

PDZ Initiate (0) Jun 26, 2012 Illinois

First thing that comes to mind is a hoppier version of hyperdog

16. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Pooh-Bah (1,776) Dec 31, 2010 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I opened my first bottle over the weekend in the middle of a sour tasting. So my palate could have been a bit off. But we found it to be a thinner, dryer version of Old Rasputin. It was very roasty and a bit bitter. I typically like my imperial stouts to be fuller-bodied and have more chocolate characteristics. It wasn't as good as I was hoping IMO.

But again, my palate could have been way off by that point. A lot of reviews seem to like it much better than we did. I'll definitely be giving it another shot when I devote more attention directly to it.

17. mychalg9

mychalg9 Pooh-Bah (2,061) Apr 8, 2010 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

I am liking the variety of beers Pipeworks continues to put out. I am curious why other small local breweries are not having such variety in such a short time period?

18. mdomask

mdomask Initiate (0) May 27, 2012 Illinois

It's a riskier strategy. Some of the reviews on BA show that "first batch" PW stuff is a bit more "eh" than the stuff they produce all the time. Lots of people have noted things like "Great improvement over the first batch." And then there's the Blue Lady semi-recall.

Compare this to a place that has a smaller number of very, very solid recipes that keep everyone coming back.

19. Grohnke

Grohnke Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2009 Illinois

Additionally, niche segments. Other breweries could be more focused on pleasing the most people and giving them something that isn't "too far out there" (ie safe). There is nothing wrong with this business model of course, but i think the guys (and i can obviously be way off here) at Pipeworks are catering to the more beer centric, geek/nerdom segments.

The radio plays rock and roll. XRT is playing some great mainstream rock and roll, Sirium XMU is playing great indie rock and roll. Blogs play bands that no one has ever heard of. etc etc etc

edit: but i suppose other breweries could still make a variety and still be safe. I dunno, my whole comment here is useless, i guess. Bottom line: its because pipeworks are better.

DBCOACHEMUP, mychalg9 and Pipeworks like this.
  20. nickMB

nickMB Savant (1,118) Nov 17, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

Ya, I've had enough daisy cutter..... When it comes to Friday or Saturday I'm lookin to spend my money on something new and/or unique. He'll I just spent 15 bucks on a pumpkin lambic on premise alone, keep em coming Pipeworks. I know if I was a brewer I'd be bored shitless brewing the same beer every few days. Some breweries have become like Olive Garden chefs, same safe stuff coming out on a daily basis with no artistic flare that's decent for the price, others are like birchwood kitchen or city provisions and constantly try new things with different and seasonal ingredients and I bet they ain't bored during their day.

Pipeworks likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.