Latest Pipeworks Releases and Updates (2018)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Lansman, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Born_A_Jee

Born_A_Jee Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2013 Illinois

As You Wish... was fantastic! Any new news on the tap room/growler fill place on Western?

2. spicoli00

spicoli00 Pooh-Bah (2,231) Jul 6, 2005 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah Society

This question is relevant to my interests. I believe @NOTpipeworks said they were working on the new prod facility and the old tenants have been slow to move. #speculatuon

EDIT: my #gopickitupformybro will be happy when the store opens

3. blue-dream

blue-dream Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2013 Virgin Islands (U.S.)

@spicoli00 did you get that trade done? ZD for what you were looking for? I dont know im a big Pipeworks lover but it seems everything is taking a long time here, the SS, the bottle shop, even getting the glass off the site.... Its a lot for a small company. I know for a fact they are overloaded. A new craft beer bar , The trophy Room opened in my building and the owner told me he contacted them to get put on their wait list so they can have pipeworks on tap...... that was a month and a half ago, and still no one has called back to even give a timeline. They have 32 local taps and really wanted pipeworks, but i dont think its going to happen, a shame cause i would have loved to grab a fresh draft UvsN for lunch break......

4. Jaycase

Jaycase Grand Pooh-Bah (3,554) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

They posted an update in this thread back about 4 weeks ago. No bottle shop in 2014. I would imagine much has not changed since that post.

5. NOTpipeworks

NOTpipeworks Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2014 Illinois

yea... shit in the city takes a long time unless you have extremely deep pockets which is a giant bummer. we've tried to be as transparent as possible about all our progress on BA at least. SS was an idea we floated on here last year to gauge the interest. we don't want to take anymore money from anyone for a benefits program without being able to fulfill the most important part of it...which is being able to guarantee the beer for the members. the tenant in our proposed bottle shop took over a year to vacate, which he has now done as of Sep 20th. we'll move forward with those plans as soon as the production facility passes all inspections (probably Apr 2015). we just now were able to get access to additional financing because most banks require 2 years of operations before they'll lend. securing our SBA loan was a huge step in the right direction for us because now we can start to make things happen, like the production facility which is currently under city review. all equipment has been ordered and paid for and we'll be here in December. cans by April we hope.

we get about a dozen or so new account requests each day and we point out on our website that it'll take some time to reply. in the case of trophy room we replied back within 30 days of their initial request which was Aug 24th, and our reply Sep 18th. i know two of the owners personally (outside of the beer biz) so their will be beer there.

#1565 NOTpipeworks, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    s_wit, Ferocious, spicoli00 and 6 others like this.
  6. beardown2489

beardown2489 Pooh-Bah (1,892) Oct 5, 2012 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

If you just pay attention to this thread you'll know everything you need to know.

7. SWChi

SWChi Pooh-Bah (1,907) Oct 25, 2012 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

George's in Merrionette Park has As You Wish.

8. NOTpipeworks

ack, there are two egregious grammatical errors in my post above... please don't mind those, just a consequence of getting older and senile i suppose...

TravisMBinns and Makubex like this.
  9. ravot

ravot Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2012 Illinois

been meaning to ask you about that and forgot. for a while i saw the banners on the window. went to their site recently and it didn't really show or explain much. i walked out in front for lunch on monday i believe and the banners were still there, covering the interior. i believe yesterday or thursday when i drove home, i noticed they were open and could see the interior. looked really nice. i'm assuming it just opened?

10. blue-dream

blue-dream Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2013 Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Yea soft opening, family and friends, fully open today. Eddie , one of the owners, is a very nice guy. He really put a lot of thought which local craft beers are going in. I kept telling him he had to get pipeworks. He told me 2 days ago he has yet to hear back..... but @NOTpipeworks has said they did reply back, so not sure if Eddie has just been really busy getting everything together and hasent herd it from his beer guy yet or it is in the works and he dosent know. Ill go with you for lunch mon if you are in. BTW did you crack the nocturnal i gave ya?

11. Vav

Vav Savant (1,025) Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

WELL I NEVER

NOTpipeworks likes this.
  12. mtskier

mtskier Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2013 Illinois

Anyone still know where a guy could find a bottle of As You Wish?

13. Infinite1

Infinite1 Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2010 Illinois

Well, we all know I should be the first on the SS list. By the way since I didn't end up with a bottle of Coqui, does anyone want to get me an empty bottle. I need that label

14. spicoli00

Pooh-Bah Society

:slight_frown:still working on my trade...

15. darkwing1

darkwing1 Zealot (550) May 13, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Any chance someone could post the most recent new release/on the horizon FWB email? Thanks in advance!!

16. spicoli00

Pooh-Bah Society

No emails for about two weeks now...the last two were for coqui and delicatessen.

the beers from the last update (October 11th) have all been released i believe: devil's lettuce, citra ninja, nisperos, and BotU

Getting production facility up, bottling a BA offering every week, rolling in a Mercedes, it keeps a brewer busy.

Makubex, darkwing1 and Norseman like this.
  17. Infinite1

Infinite1 Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2010 Illinois

Delicatessen ?? Yes please

18. Norseman

Norseman Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2013 Illinois
    Deactivated

I probably financed the rims on that Mercedes with all the bombers I've purchased.

jplopez21, RWNay, mbmiche and 2 others like this.
  19. NOTpipeworks

used merecedes, stock rims.

20. Norseman

Norseman Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2013 Illinois
    Deactivated

that's alright man - you just keep up the good work and we'll get you into a new S500 soon.

BeerGreg and RWNay like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.