Lagunitas Sucks: 32oz and year round!

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by beerme411, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beerme411

beerme411 Initiate (0) Sep 28, 2010 California

From http://beerpulse.com/2012/04/laguni...ing-founder-sounds-off-on-craft-beer-industry

"On Lagunitas Sucks (paraphrased):

Lagunitas is also “working hard” to put Lagunitas Sucks in 32 oz. stubby (squat) bottles. “We’re going to cram it in next to the Schlitz malt Liquor and all the ‘Hood beers.’” It will be a year-round release with varied packaging beginning this fall. Gives credit to Les Claypool and Primus who put out bumper stickers that said “Primus Sucks.” Had wanted to do a beer called “Lagunitas Sucks” for 10-12 years and finally had the opportunity when the company ran up against capacity and couldn’t produce some of its usual beers this past winter."

I can't wait for this gloriousness! They listened to us good job Lagunitas.

2. Longstaff

Longstaff Initiate (0) May 23, 2002 Massachusetts

Way to stay classy Lagunitas.....

Boz12, yamar68, Aexoonge and 2 others like this.
  3. BB1313

BB1313 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,278) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Lagunitas is the people's brewery.

4. leedorham

leedorham Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2006 Washington

I'd probably pick a couple up just to reuse the 32oz bottle. It would make a good homebrew growler.

Beerontwowheels likes this.
  5. tjensen3618

tjensen3618 Savant (1,225) Mar 23, 2008 California

I wish this one would have stayed around as an inexpensive 6 pack.
    But, I'm excited to see it back none the less.

6. mdillon86

mdillon86 Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2009 Pennsylvania

This is great news. I just hope it will stay as good as it was this past winter. I love Lagunitas.

mclaughlindw4, mutmanns and Lantern like this.
  7. pschul4

pschul4 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Illinois

$11 (in Chicago) for the 6er = $5 32oz bottle (I hope!)

8. jlordi12

jlordi12 Pooh-Bah (1,844) Jun 8, 2011 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Agreed , on both points

9. litheum94

litheum94 Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2008 California

I do agree I'd rather see sixers of this, but this is still awesome news.

10. MarcM

MarcM Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2011 California

He's quoted as saying "varied packaging," so there's still the possibility of a sixer.

beerme411 likes this.
  11. FosterJM

FosterJM Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2009 California

Will the top of the bottle taste different from the bottom? HA HA HA.....:astonished:

Cheers!

afrokaze and Beerontwowheels like this.
  12. djbreezy

djbreezy Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2008 Washington

Ain't nothing but a gangsta party. Hologram 2pac approves.

13. cbeer88

cbeer88 Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

But the real question... are 32oz bottles more environmentally friendly than a 22oz?

14. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2011 North Carolina

i want it in sixers. Ive come to hate bombers since I usually drink by myself. yea with nobody else.

Bone53, Tidesox28, axtm9894 and 5 others like this.
  15. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2011 Texas
    Trader

I am pretty sure he is bullshitting, so we will see... If you read all his responses, he is such full of shit (in a funny way). I wouldn't read too far into this.

StarRaptor likes this.
  16. checktherhyme

checktherhyme Pundit (890) Apr 8, 2008 Washington

Im glad this is happening. I happened to run into the founder a month ago and he told me about this so I posted it on these forums. Then I was thinking I should have shut my mouth, since it wasnt really official and I thought they may have scrapped the idea. I cannot wait for this!

17. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (1,050) Mar 13, 2009 California
    Trader

God, he sounds like such a crotchety old man in this article.

jamvt likes this.
  18. stupac2

stupac2 Pooh-Bah (2,031) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

I just hope they distro kegs so my buddy can get one for his kegerator.

19. jesskidden

jesskidden Grand Pooh-Bah (3,071) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Anchor Glass still lists a stubby quart bottle as a standard off-the-shelf bottle and I've wondered who still uses them (Yuengling did up until a few years back, when they went with a long neck quart).

I don't know, I miss the old steinie deposit/reusable quarts* - they were the perfect size for a "dinner" beer. When bombers first got popular and everyone saw them a "Big" beer bottles, I thought, "WTF? It's a rip-off- 2/3 of quart!"

*It was my standard bottle for homebrew back in the 70's and 80's. When I sold most of my homebrewing equipment to a friend's son a couple of years ago, I couldn't bare to get rid of all my steinie quarts- kept the shells and a few bottles, too. Who knows why...

[​IMG]

ThirstyBird likes this.
  20. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,282) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

If this is true, he can just shove it up his "California Artifice" ass. 22's are bad enough, we don't need another MFing format clogging up the shelves.

I don't know if it's my palate that's changed, or if something Lagunitas has changed, but it seems over the 3-5 years, their beers aren't as good tasting to me as they used to be. Except for trying something new when it comes out, I haven't bought any Lagunitas beers in probably 2-3 years. Congrats to them on becoming more successful, and I hope things go well with the Chicago brewery. But seriously, 32oz bottles? Wrap 'em in aluminum and shove 'em.

Bitterbill likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.